Minestrone soup. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Minestrone is a hearty, traditional Italian soup typically made with beans, pasta and lots of vegetables. By College Inn® Broths and Stocks The very best minestrone ever!
I also added a can of green beans, used kidney instead of cannellini beans, and used shredded spinach instead of cabbage. Pancetta (optional) – since minestrone is a vegetable soup it's a perfect meal for lent. So pancetta, guanciale or lard cut in cubes is completely optional, but it gives an incredible rich, intense flavor to the veggies as if they were cooked in meat stock (which by the way is also an option). You can cook Minestrone soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Minestrone soup
- Prepare of some butter.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- You need 1-2 cups of other vegetables eg squash, sweet potato, leeks..
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare Bunch of fresh thyme, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 500-750 ml of vegan/ veggie stock.
- Prepare 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained.
- It’s Handful of kale/ cavolo nero, roughly shredded.
- Prepare 1-2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves, roughly shredded.
- Prepare 2-3 handfuls of cooked pasta.
- It’s of Parmesan/ veggie parmesan, grated.
Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Photography Credit: Elise Bauer Minestrone soup. Wholesome, hearty & flexible "This hearty and nutritious minestrone soup is brilliant at embracing what you've got in your fridge.
Minestrone soup step by step
- Heat the butter in a oan (with a lid for later). Add the onion and fry for about 10 mins until soft. inion then carrots celery.
- Add the carrots and celery. Cook until starting to go tender..
- Add the other vegetables (not the greens)..
- Add the garlic and thyme. Cook for 2-3 mins..
- Add tomatoes and stock. Put the lid on. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins..
- Add the beans and simmer for 5 mins with lid off..
- Stir in greens for about 2 mins..
- And then stir in the basil and pasta..
- Serve with grated parmesan/ other cheese. Enjoy 😋.
We make it every month and all the kids love it – it's one of the dishes where they always go in for seconds. It's super-easy to tweak according to the vegetables you have in the house. Essentially, minestrone is a thick, hearty variety of vegetable soup, thanks to the addition of beans and sometimes pasta or rice. Tomatoes, carrots, onion, and celery are usually included, with other vegetables added at the cook's discretion. Everyone loves minestrone soup, and this copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup recipe is very simple to make at home – it does not require much work.