Vickys Red Bean & Oat Burgers, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Red Bean & Oat Burgers, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Red Bean & Oat Burgers, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 150 grams (2 cups) of canned aduki / red beans, boiled and drained.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It’s 2 of small carrots.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 of spring onions / scallions.
- Prepare 1 of small bunch coriander / cilantro.
- You need 50 grams of (half a cup) gluten-free instant oats.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of oil for frying.
Vickys Red Bean & Oat Burgers, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Any type of bean will work in these burgers.
- Mash the beans and cut the fresh coriander and vegetables (except for the carrots) into very small pieces apart from the carrots.The easiest way to do this is to pulse them in a food processor. Peel and grate / shred the carrots and mix in.
- Add the veg to the beans and oats. Mix together well and add the chilli, cumin, salt & pepper. Refrigerate for 30 mins for the flavors to blend together.
- Divide the mixture into 8 balls and then shape into burger patties. Seeing as there is no binding agent such as eggs, freeze the patties for an hour or until ready to use.
- When ready to cook, heat a few teaspoons of oil in a frying pan and cook each patty over a low heat for 5 – 6 mins on each side. Drain them on kitchen paper towels.
- These burgers are great in a bun topped with baby spinach, eggless mayo and slices of red onion and tomato.