Vickys Chunky Chilli Bean Soup, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Chunky Chilli Bean Soup, GF DF EF SF NF using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Chunky Chilli Bean Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 400 grams of black beans, dried.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli, chopped or amount to your own taste!.
- You need 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, chopped.
- It’s 800 grams of can of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 700 ml of chicken stock / strong vegetable stock.
- You need 60 ml of red wine.
- It’s 150 grams of sweetcorn.
- It’s 30 grams of dark chocolate, chopped.
- It’s 1 handful of sliced spring onions / scallions to serve.
- It’s 1 dash of chilli powder to serve.
Vickys Chunky Chilli Bean Soup, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Soak the beans in cold water overnight (12 hrs) then drain and rinse.
- Put them in a pan and cover with fresh water. Boil for 15 minutes then let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a larger pan and fry off the garlic, onion and chilli in the cumin, coriander, allspice, cinnamon and paprika until soft.
- Add the chopped carrot, can of tomatoes, wine, stock and oregano.
- Drain the beans and add to the large pan. Let simmer for 30 minutes or until the carrot is soft. Add the chocolate and stir through.
- Puree half of the soup smooth in a blender, add back to the pan with the sweetcorn and heat through.
- Serve topped with some sliced spring onion, a dash of chilli powder and a bread roll. See my quick oven bread for a gluten free, vegan bread roll recipe.
- You can use chilli powder in place of the chilli, oregano and spices if you prefer to. Add it with the onion & garlic in step 3. See my profile for a chilli powder mix!.