Vickys Pesto, Spinach & Bean Soup, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Pesto, Spinach & Bean Soup, GF DF EF SF NF using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Pesto, Spinach & Bean Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 of medium onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of green chilli (or to taste), finely chopped.
- It’s 300 grams of carrots, chopped.
- It’s 1500 ml of gluten-free vegetable stock (see my profile for a gf bouillon recipe).
- Prepare 1200 grams of canned cannellini beans, drained.
- You need 16 tbsp of green pesto (see my profile for a vegan recipe).
- You need 320 grams of spinach leaves.
- Prepare 1 of nutritional yeast flakes (or parmesan) for topping.
Vickys Pesto, Spinach & Bean Soup, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Put a pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Fry off the onion gently until translucent.
- Add in the garlic and chilli. Cook for a minute before adding the carrots.
- Keep cooking a further 5 minutes before adding in the beans and stock. Simmer with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove 4 or 5 spoonfuls of veg/beans and set aside.
- Put the rest of the soup in a blender and puree smooth.
- Pour back into the pan and add the veg/beans back in.
- Add the spinach, stir in and let cook down for a few minutes then stir through 8 tbsp of the pesto.
- Serve with a tbsp of the remaining pesto spooned over the soup of each bowl and top with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast / parmesan style cheese.