Sizzling Vegan Sisig. Sisig is traditionally served on a sizzling plate with an egg on top or mayonnaise. Obviously, we are not using eggs in this recipe and not everyone owns a sizzling plate. When adding a tablespoon of vegan mayonnaise to serve, mix it in the sisig once you are ready to eat.
Main ingredients Tofu Sisig is a Filipino dish made of fried tofu, chopped chili peppers, and mushrooms! This dish is vegan and a bit on the spicy side with all the delicious flavors you will love! In this video, I'm going to show you a vegan version of Sisig, a Filipino dish traditionally made with pig parts. You can cook Sizzling Vegan Sisig using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sizzling Vegan Sisig
- It’s 1/2 TSP of Garlic Powder,.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce..
- You need 1/4 Cup of Filipino Coconut Vinegar,.
- It’s 3/4 TBSP of Demerara Sugar,.
- It’s Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- Prepare 200 g of Shiitake Mushrooms Finely Diced,.
- You need 150 g of Oyster Mushrooms Finely Diced,.
- You need 1 of Red Onion Finely Sliced,.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
- It’s 1/2 Inch of Ginger Finely Minced,.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- You need of Vegan Mayo, 1/4 Cup Adjust To Preference.
- You need of Red & Green Chilies Finely Sliced Deseeded, 1 Each.
- It’s 1/2 of Fresh Lime Juice,.
- Prepare 1/2 of Fresh Lime Zest,.
- It’s 1 Dash of Liquid Smoke,.
- It’s Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare 1 Handful of Green Onion Finely Sliced,.
- It’s of Cauliflower Couscous, For Serving.
This vegan version tastes just like the original except you can make this in half the time. The traditional version would take three hours to cook! It is healthier alternative to traditional pork sisig because it does not use any meat and greasy ingredients. Aside from being healthy, this crispy tofu sisig recipe is also vegan.
Sizzling Vegan Sisig instructions
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/couscous-sweet-potato-boats for the couscous recipe..
- In a bowl, add garlic powder, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and pepper. Stir until well combined or until the sugar has dissolved. Add in the mushrooms. Mix until well combined. Cover with cling film and let chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours..
- You will notice that the mushrooms have shrunk and soaked up all the marinade. In a skillet over medium heat, drizzle oil. Once the oil is heated up, add in the onion. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Saute until lightly caramelized..
- Add in ginger and garlic. Saute until aromatic. Add in the marinated mushrooms and all the marinade. Saute to combine well..
- Continue cooking until the liquid has almost evaporated and until the mushrooms are lightly caramelized. Add in vegan mayo. Adjust the quantity as desired. If you prefer your sisig to be more creamy, add in more..
- Stir to combine well. Add in chilies, liquid smoke, lime juice and zest. Stir to combine well..
- Taste and adjust for seasoning. Give it a final stir. Remove from heat and transfer onto serving plates. Serve immediately with cauliflower couscous on the side..
Sisig is one of the most well-known appetizers or "pulutan" in the Philippines and is served on a sizzling platter and topped with egg. The meat is diced and sautéed with onions, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, seasoned with salt, pepper, and other spices. Usually sisig is grilled or fried. You can make various types of sisig. All Recipes Vegan Vegetarian Gluten Free Fillets & Pieces Grounds & Meatballs.