Fish Amok Cambodian lemongrass curry, paleo- & vegan-friendly.
You can have Fish Amok Cambodian lemongrass curry, paleo- & vegan-friendly using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish Amok Cambodian lemongrass curry, paleo- & vegan-friendly
- Prepare of Yellow Kroeung Curry Paste.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 4 of lemongrass stalks, rough ends removed.
- It’s 2 of Kafir Lime leaves OR 1/2 teaspoon lime zest and 1 1/2 teaspoon lime juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger or galangel root (or more to taste).
- You need 2 teaspoon of fish sauce (nam pla).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of tamari (or tamari soy sauce).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup (instead of sugar).
- Prepare 1 of fresh chilli or 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional – to taste).
- You need of Curry.
- It’s 1 (400 g) of tin of coconut milk.
- You need 400 g of white fish, such as cod, haddock, pollock or sea bream (tofu/tempeh for the vegan option).
- It’s 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 150 g of fresh spinach.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 handful of fresh coriander or basil.
- It’s 1 of fresh chilli (optional – for garnish).
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Fish Amok Cambodian lemongrass curry, paleo- & vegan-friendly instructions
- Lay out ingredients for curry paste and prepare the food processor.
- Roughly chop onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass and combine in the food processor.
- Add kafir line leaves (or lime house and zest), turmeric, fish sauce, tamarind and maple syrup and blend until the paste is smooth.
- Melt coconut oil in a pan and add red pepper, cut in strips. (If you are making a vegetarian version add baby corn and green beans). Stir fry until vegetables soften but are not completely cooked..
- Transfer the vegetables to a pan. Add coconut milk and curry paste and bring to a simmer..
- Add fish and cook for 5-10 minutes..
- Add spinach and cook for 3-4 minutes until done..
- Serve with chopped coriander and/ fresh chilli as garnish. Enjoy!.