Vegan Caramelized Onion Quiche. Caramelized Onion Vegan Quiche (gluten free) – This easy sweet and savory breakfast is made with tofu and has a chickpea flour crust. For this vegan quiche I mixed the caramelized onions with tofu. Then I added tamari and white miso paste for a savory umami flavor.
Ever wake up in the morning with a craving This morning it was quiche, specifically an onion quiche. To my dear father who turned up his nose at this masterpiece, mumbling something about. Homemade caramelized onion tart made with red onions, leek, and other healthy ingredients. You can have Vegan Caramelized Onion Quiche using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Caramelized Onion Quiche
- It’s of Crust:.
- It’s 250 g of AP flour.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 100 ml of oil (I used half olive oil, half neutral oil).
- You need 100 ml of warm tap water.
- You need of Quiche filling:.
- Prepare 1 package of soft tofu (about 300g), drained for 10 min.
- Prepare 500-700 g of onions, sliced.
- It’s 1 package of smoked tofu, pressed.
- You need of (to taste) salt, soy sauce, black pepper, paprika, turmeric.
- It’s of (to taste) garlic powder, Italian herbs.
- You need 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar (or a bit less).
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch mixed in a bit of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black salt (optional).
This onion pie is called "Zwiebelkuchen" in Germany and it's a traditional fall recipe. The dish is vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, easy to make, flavorful, and delicious. Caramelized Onion Quiche is the perfect addition to your next brunch or luncheon. Gruyere cheese and bacon combine with caramelized onions for a quiche that can't be beat.
Vegan Caramelized Onion Quiche step by step
- Put all crust ingredients in a Tupperware container. Close it tightly with a lid and shake vigorously until a ball of dough comes together..
- Tip dough in a parchment-lined pie pan. Flatten with your hands and prick with a fork. Blind bake for about 10 min in a 350°F/180°C oven. Leave to cool..
- Cook onions and sugar low and slow. Season with ingredients listed above. Add tofu, soy sauce, nutritional yeast and black salt (if using). Set aside..
- In a separate pan, mix tofu and cornstarch slurry. Cook for a few minutes until thickened..
- To assemble: put 2/3 of the onion mixture on the crust, then pour the tofu mixture over it and finally arrange the remaining onion mixture. Bake covered for 20 min, then uncovered in a 180°C oven for 15 min or until set. Enjoy at room temperature :).
Flat-leaf parsley, chives, and mint add a fresh, pretty finish to this tasty dish. This Caramelized Onion and Thyme Quiche is it! A delicious vegetarian entree that you can make-ahead! It's so fresh that I've found myself choking up at random thoughts and inopportune moments. Make quiche Lorraine to perfection every time with this easy recipe for a crisp pastry base and rich smoked bacon, cheese and thyme filling.