Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱. Our vegan chickpea curry is packed full of protein, fibre and iron. Most of the time being a vegetarian is exceptionally easy, but I don't mind admitting that occasionally I really do crave a meat-based meal. EASY coconut curry with chickpeas and Indian spices.
Hello my lovely viewers! as some of you may or may not know about me I try to eat healthy as much as possible, even if you can tell by how I look that I don'. Vegan chickpea curry with eggplant and coconut. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, protein-rich, free of chicken, and quick. You can cook Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱 using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱
- Prepare 1 of spring of fresh curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 of chickpeas.
- You need 1 of small onion – chopped.
- You need 2 teaspoons of oil.
- You need 1 of star anise.
- Prepare 3 of black cardamon pods.
- You need 3 of green cardamon pods.
- It’s of Sweet potato – cubed.
- You need 1 of flat teaspoon cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of flat teaspoon tumeric.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves – crushed.
- It’s 1 inch of thumb of ginger – crushed.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need Bunch of coriander.
- You need 3 of green chillis.
- Prepare of Pickled red onion (see recipe).
- It’s A few of teaspoons of fresh pomegranate seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoon of amchoor (sour mango powder).
- It’s 1 of sprinkle of sev (if you wish).
- You need of Chopped red chilli (marinated in a little white vinegar).
Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), turnips, and corn combine in this warming meal. It's a meaty dish, with a hint of curry and cumin flavor. Serve on it's own or on some basmati rice. Reviews for: Photos of Vegetarian Chickpea Curry with Turnips.
Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱 step by step
- Put a cross on the top of the tomatoes and put in. Bowl covered with boiling water – this will make it easy to remove the skins later. Cube the sweet potatoes and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Cook the chopped onions in a little oil on a medium heat for 2 minutes and then turn to a low heat and put a lid on the pan. You may need to stir occasionally but the onions will turn a soft brown..
- Crush the garlic and prepare the chillis by washing and making a little slit in the side (larger if you like it spicy).
- Add the hard spices to the onions (star anise, cumin seeds, cardamom) and then add the curry leaves. The curry leaves will sizzle a little but don’t let them burn. add the crushed garlic and chilli and stir for a further couple of minutes..
- Add the ground spices, peel the tomatoes and add them to the pan and cook on a low heat. They will break down quickly but you can cop or squash to speed things up..
- When the tomatoes have formed a sauce add the chickpeas and the cooked cubes potatoes..
- Sprinkle with lots of coriander, a good squeeze of lemon, pickled red onion and some fresh pomegranate seeds. Serve with lime, mint and coconut chutney and breads or rice.
This quick and easy chickpea kale curry is full of nutrient-packed vegetables that will leave you feeling light and energized, but it's also a great vegan comfort food. Serve it on quinoa instead of rice for additional protein and fibre. This makes a large amount, and freezes well. This one-pot Vegan Chickpea Curry is made with thyme, allspice thyme, and Scotch bonnet pepper. I used the herbs and flavors that remind me of my Jamaican-Style Chickpea Curry Recipe Health Benefits.