Chickpea curry (vegan). Our vegan chickpea curry is packed full of protein, fibre and iron. Most of the time being a vegetarian is. Well, it hits all the checkboxes for plant based dinner perfection.
This delicious vegan chickpea curry is creamy and perfectly spiced. Vegan chickpea curry with eggplant and coconut. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, protein-rich, free of chicken. You can cook Chickpea curry (vegan) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea curry (vegan)
- You need of Onion.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of Chickpeas.
- It’s of Sweet potato.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Vegetable stock.
- You need of Scotch bonnet or cayenne pepper.
- It’s of Coconut milk.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Curry powder.
- You need to taste of Black pepper.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- You need of Thyme.
- It’s of Water.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Naturally vegan, oil-free, and low in fat. This Southern Indian chickpea curry, created by reader Jon Gregg, is a vegan recipe that's three of your five-a-day. If you're big on meat, then this could be the perfect veggie accompaniment.
Chickpea curry (vegan) instructions
- Drizzle olive oil into a pan and went oil has heated and garlic & onions.
- Add vegetable stock, water and chickpeas.
- Add spices and scotch bonnet.
- Add sweet potato's.
- Once boiling bring heat down to gas mark 4 and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, stir then let simmer for another 15-20 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
Vegan Curry – Recipe Notes: Adjust the curry paste to your personal liking. I make this vegan chickpea curry all the time and I think about half the time I'm not using potatoes. Coconut milk makes this a luscious. This Chickpea Curry has become one of my favorite meals. It's super quick to make and packed Kid friendly tip: Try serving curry with Easy Vegan Naan!