Vegan Recipe Tofu Masala. Try this vegan version of the classic and wildly popular British and Indian dish known as tikka masala that uses tofu in place of chicken or another meat protein. Since many Hindus in India eat a vegetarian or lacto-vegetarian diet with recipes using grains such as rice and wheat, legumes, green vegetables, and soy products, the use of plenty of aromatic and flavorful spices completely. What spices are used in this Vegan tofu Tikka Masala.
There are endless versions of this mix and it seems like each Indian family have their own personal recipe. Tofu tikka masala made vegetarian and vegan using coconut milk! Add to the slow cooker, set and forget! You can have Vegan Recipe Tofu Masala using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Recipe Tofu Masala
- You need 200 gm of masala tofu.
- You need 150 gm of baby onion (shallots).
- Prepare 3 of medium size tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of oil.
- You need to taste of Regular kichan masalas and salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kitchen king masala.
Tofu Tikka Masala is the vegan version of the popular chicken tikka masala, which is an Indian curry. The curry is based on a spiced cashew curry paste. and water is added to the paste to build up the curry over heat. Re-heat: Simply re-warm my vegan tikka masala on the hob or in the microwave. The ultimate sides for my vegan tikka masala: Serve with white basmati rice for that takeaway vibe.
Vegan Recipe Tofu Masala step by step
- Collect all the ingredients.
- Wash the tofu and and give a boil for 1 minite in microwave.
- Slit tomatoes in cross from bottom and blanch them so you can peel the skin easily.
- Peel the tomatoes and make puree.
- Peel onions and give slit in cross.
- In a wok add 1 tsp of oil add onions saute it add tomato puree saute till puree cook nicely.
- Add masalas salt stir well add tofu stir add little water cover it and let it simmer for few minutes on low flame.
- Switch off the flame serve hot.
Alternatively, whole grain rice or quinoa would provide healthier options. Tikka masala was always a firm favourite curry of ours before we decided to go vegan. The perfectly rich tomato sauce, the wonderful level of spice and the aromatic flavours, there's a lot to love about this style of food. Our wonderful tofu tikka masala takes us back to those happy memories. Vegan Tofu Tikka Masala is so easy to prepare, marinate the tofu cubes, lightly fry or bake them, prepare the sauce and simmer the tofu in the sauce.