Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!). Mash the tofu roughly with a fork in a large bowl. Add the lemon zest, breadcrumbs, nutmeg, oregano and mint and combine. Add the spinach and season with salt and lots of black pepper.
Delicious enough for a special holiday dinner, but easy enough for a weeknight meal! My take on the traditional Greek spinach and filo pie uses tofu in place of cheese and is packed full of fresh herbs. This recipe for vegan spanakopita uses silken tofu in place of the cheese and egg but don't think for a second that this means that you lose out on flavour. You can have Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!)
- You need 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Leek, Finely Chopped.
- It’s 2 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 300 g of Fresh Spinach.
- Prepare 200 g of Tofu, drained and pressed. (I used smoked).
- Prepare 50 g of Breadcrumbs.
- You need 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare of Lemon Zest.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garlic Granules.
- You need 2 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of Nutmeg.
- You need 1 Pack of Filo Pastry.
Welcome to our Channel! 🙂 We get a lot of inspiration for our recipes from other recipes. A lot of times they are not completely plant-based, so we find a. Mix the tofu, olives and parsnip into spinach, add the soy creamer and chickpea flour and mix until combined. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!) step by step
- Heat up 2 table spoons of olive oil. Add the finely chopped leek and cook for a few minutes, until soft..
- Add the garlic, paprika and spinach (it helps to add to add a handful at a time). Cook down until it is very soft, stirring constantly (for about 5 minutes). When it is cooked leave to cool. You might need to press some of the liquid out of the spinach if it is very runny, I recommend you keep the liquid in case you need it later (it has lots of flavour)..
- Mash up the tofu. Add the garlic granules, oregano, balsamic vinegar, nutmeg and lemon zest. Then add the spinach mixture and the breadcrumbs, season with the salt and pepper. Here you will be able to tell if you need to add any liquid back to the mix..
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c (gas mark 5). Grease a tin and line it with filo pastry, you can brush a little olive oil between the pastry sheets. When you get halfway add the spinach mixture. Spread it so the mix is a few centimetres from the edge. Add the remaining pastry on top and brush with the remaining oil..
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, until the filling is piping hot the pasty is golden-brown..
This vegan spanakopita is hands down the absolute best you've ever had! Pour the cashew "feta" mixture into the bowl with the spinach and mix well. Pour the olive oil for brushing in a glass bowl. A little trick, cut the phyllo (filo) long ways to fit the length of your pan, cut it while it is still wrapped in the. This tasty pie has a cream spinach and feta filling.