Vegan Mogar Moong Dal Payasam. pasi paruppu payasam with detailed photo and video recipe. a popular south indian style of kheer recipe made with moong dal and coconut milk. it is a traditional dessert recipe made especially for celebration feast or for the festival like makara sankranti. it is a healthy indian sweet as the sweetness is derived from the coconut milk and jaggery. Gluten free, vegan moong dal payasam is an Indian sweet or pudding prepared with green gram (moong dal), jaggery and coconut milk. Jump to recipe or Pin It for later.
Moong dal Payasam or Payasa is a rich and traditional South indian dessert recipe made with moong dal, jaggery, cardamom ,ghee ,nuts and coconut milk in an Instant Pot. Perfect for any festival or celebration. We call this Moong dal payasam as hesarubele payasa in kannada, pesara pappu payasam in telugu or moong dal kheer in hindi. You can cook Vegan Mogar Moong Dal Payasam using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Mogar Moong Dal Payasam
- You need 1 cup of soaked Mogar Moong Dal.
- You need 200 ml of Coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sago soaked.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of desiccated coconut.
- You need 2 tbsp of jaggery.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of raisins.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Almonds and Cashews finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Elaichi (cardamom)powder.
- Prepare pinch of Saffron strings.
- Prepare as needed of raisins, Almonds & Cashews for garnishing.
I have included the stove-top pressure cooker version as well. Other ingredients used in this Payasam are vegan friendly. To prepare this Payasam in Instant Pot, press the sauté button. Add ghee and once it melts, add in the cashews and dry coconut. full recipe: https://hebbarskitchen.com/moong-dal-payasam-recipe-paruppu-payasam/ Music: http://www.hooksounds.com/ moong dal payasam recipe
Vegan Mogar Moong Dal Payasam instructions
- Boil soaked mogar moong dal & sago together..
- When dal & sago are cooked whisk with whisker and add coconut milk & saffron..
- When starts bubbling & thickens add desiccated coconut raisins, Almonds & Cashews mix well and add jaggery mix and stir continuously. Turn off gas and add elaichi powder mix well and Serve hot or chilled both the ways garnish with raisins, almonds and cashews..
Parippu pradhaman / Chana dal payasam. QUINOA PAYASAM – the easiest Indian vegan dessert you can make with just coconut milk, jaggery and quinoa; instant pot and pressure cooker methods!. Using a pressure cooker or instant pot, you are much closer to digging into a large bowl of delicious, creamy, healthy and lip. This chana dal payasam also known as Kadalai paruppu payasam is a delicious payasam variety made with coconut milk, chana dal, jaggery and cardamom powder. Moong dal payasam is a delicious sweet dish made with moong dal, jaggery, coconut milk, ghee and nuts.