You can have Spaghetti Squash using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Squash
- Prepare 1 of small-medium spaghetti squash.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 1 of large pepper, diced – red, yellow or orange.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, diced.
- Prepare 1 can of garbanzo beans – 15 oz. size.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz. can.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chives.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Extra light virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of pecorino, romano cheese, grated. For Vegan dish eliminate the cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of basil, fresh and finely chopped.
Spaghetti Squash step by step
- Prep squash by scrubbing outside with hot water. Then slice in half, scrape out seeds and slice each half in half..
- Place quaters in a large pot, add enough water to cover squash so they float..
- Put on stove, half cover with lid and set on high. Once boiling turn down slightly and keep lid half on..
- To test for doneness use a roasting fork or long knife and stab squash in several places. If there is no resistance, remove each piece to a colander to cool..
- In a large saute pan over medium heat add olive oil. Once oil ribbons add onions and cook for about 3 minutes. Turn down heat if onions are splattering oil..
- Add peppers and garlic. Sautee for 2 minutes. Then add parsley, oregano, chives, salt and pepper. Saute for about 3 minutes..
- While onions and peppers are cooking open a can of garbanzo beans and drain into a large mesh strainer to remove liquid. Then rinse under cold water. Let drain..
- Once completely drained add beans to onions and peppers, stirring to incorporate to heat beans thoroughly..
- Once heated through add diced tomatoes. Stir very well and turn heat down to medium low..
- By now the squash should be cool enough to handle. If not, use a pot holder to hold squash quarters. Scrape out squash into a large bowl and break up well with the back of a spoon, or your hands..
- Once squash is separated and sauce is hot add squash in large spoonfuls to pan. Stir carefully to incorporate and heat through..
- Add cheese a little at a time stirring after each addition. For a Vegan dish eliminate the cheese..
- When dishing out add more cheese on top with a small amount of fresh basil..