Instant pot Vegan, oil free mujadra. I love eating a good mjaddra, especially coming from Lebanon. Instant Pot Mujadara – a nourishing vegan meal of lentils and rice, infused with fragrant Moroccan spices, served with I added pine nuts but feel free to leave them off or sub other nuts or seeds. A little crunchy texture is nice.
It is one of the favorite Vegetarian side dishes and it is a protein-rich filling meal. Mujadara or Mujaddara translates to a middle. This vegan and gluten free dish is also budget friendly and nutritious. You can have Instant pot Vegan, oil free mujadra using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant pot Vegan, oil free mujadra
- You need 1.5 cup of brown lentils.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of 7 spices.
- Prepare 2 cups of organic bouillon.
- Prepare 4 of medium size onions cut in thin wings.
- You need 4 of medium size onions thinly cut in dices.
- You need 3 cups of water.
Heat oil in the instant pot and sauté the sliced onions and keep them aside to use as a topping later (left photo below). Enjoy this delicious Instant Pot Mujadara. Mujadara – This Instant Pot mujadara recipe is a delicious combination of lentils, rice and caramelized onions. This fragrant vegetarian recipe comes together quickly in your pressure cooker, making it perfect for any night of the week.
Instant pot Vegan, oil free mujadra instructions
- I love eating a good mjaddra, especially coming from Lebanon, we used to have this dish at least once a week, well prepared by my mom. This version is modified to make it healthier, without any oil, and more digestive, by using an instant pot. When you cook beans in an instant pot, they become much easier to digest in l. I also did not use any salt, but you can either use it by adding a little up to you taste once the dish is on your plate, or use a salt free mix like mrs. Dash..
- I started by Dicing the onions really thin, add them to the instant pot, adding 1 cup of bouillon and 3 cups of water, then washing the rice and lentil for 5 times minimum, it is preferable to soak them for at least 30 minutes as well. I then added the 7 spices, clean rice and lentils in the instant pot, mixed spices well with a spoon km and cooked them for 11 minutes..
- I started sauteing the onions wings in a pan over the stove on medium fire and gradually adding the 1 cup of bouillon, this process takes a long time without oil, so grab your favourite podcast, a nice cup of kombucha, (see my other recipe) and be ready to spend at least 30 minutes doing it..
- Once the mjaddra is cooked, take it out of the instant pot, garnish it with the caramelized onions, favourite salt and Bon appetit..
Best part, the lentils and rice. I hope you'll try this delicious oil free vegan hummus, two different ways! Vegan Potato Corn Chowder by Veggies Save The Day. Vegan Instant Pot mushroom risotto is a low maintenance, hearty, and delicious main course that's perfect for busy weeknights. Healthy & easy vegan one pot pasta marinara made with whole food plant-based ingredients.