[Vegan] Chocolate-filled Doughnuts.
You can have [Vegan] Chocolate-filled Doughnuts using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Chocolate-filled Doughnuts
- Prepare of For the dough:.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed.
- You need 2 tablespoons of very hot water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of yeast.
- It’s 1 pinch of raw cane sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of very warm water.
- You need 3 1/4 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour, plus extra for kneading.
- You need 1/4 cup of raw cane sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of almond milk.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted.
- You need of For the filling:.
- Prepare 1 cup of almond milk.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- You need 1/4 of cup, plus 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 2 ounces of bittersweet chocolate.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need of Coconut oil, for frying.
- You need of Cane sugar, for coating doughnuts.
[Vegan] Chocolate-filled Doughnuts step by step
- In a small bowl combine ground flaxseeds and very hot water. Set aside to thicken..
- Stir together yeast, very warm water, and a pinch of cane sugar in a small bowl until yeast is dissolved. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes..
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center and add flax, yeast, almond milk, and coconut oil. Stir until dough starts to form into a ball. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for about 8 minutes, or until it’s smooth and elastic..
- Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 1/2 hours, until doubled in size..
- (To make the filling) In a small saucepan, heat the stout, 1/2 cup almond milk, cane sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate, and salt over medium heat..
- Meanwhile, whisk the cornstarch and the other 1/2 cup almond milk in a small bowl until dissolved. When milk is warm and chocolate is melted, whisk in the cornstarch and bring to a boil. Stir constantly for 2 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate to cool completely..
- After dough has risen, roll it out on a floured surface until it is roughly 1/2-inch thick. Using a floured glass, mason jar top, or 3-inch circle cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as you can..
- Do not re-roll the scraps (it will make a tough doughnut). Instead, roll them in small balls and make doughnut holes. Cover the donuts with a towel and let rise for another 30-45 minutes..
- In a large heavy pot with tall sides, heat the coconut oil to 350°F. You need about 2 inches of oil. Get a dish ready with some cane sugar, to drop your doughnuts into and another plate, to set your donuts on.
- Carefully drop in 2-3 donuts at a time into the hot oil. Fry one side for 1-2 minutes, then turn them over using a slotted spoon and fry the other side for another minute, until both sides are golden brown. Keep an eye on the oil temp. When doughnuts are fully cooked, drop them into the cane sugar and coat both sides. Place on separate plate and repeat with other donuts. Cool completely before filling..
- Spoon the pre-made cream into a piping bag. Poke a hole in the side of each donut with a skewer. Squeeze desired amount of filling into the hole of each donut..
- Best when served immediately..