Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice. Make this Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice and find out what all the fuss is about! I usually present this dish on a square plate. Garnish with green onions, cherry tomatoes, sesame seeds, and cilantro to bring color and provide an extra visual of texture and crunch.
Packed full of flavour this kimchi fried rice is a dinner hero for when you are short on time. It is a Korean dish that's perfect for using up left over rice as it cooks best with day (or two) old refrigerated rice. And if your kimchi is starting to get a little ripe, again, this is a great dish for utilising those. You can have Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice
- Prepare 1 cup of cooled brown sushi rice.
- You need 5 tablespoons of kimchi.
- You need 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of thumb of minced ginger.
- You need 1 of small bunch spring onions chopped.
- It’s 1 of chopped red chilli or chilli flakes (to taste).
- Prepare 1 squeeze of lime.
- You need 1 splash of seaweed and/or tamari sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
This fried rice is perfect for nights when you don't feel like cooking and need a healthy, filling dinner using leftover brown rice. Tofu, bok choy, mushrooms, rice, kimchi and a spicy stir-fry sauce. This Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice adds a pop of flavor to a traditional dish. The rice is not actually fried and it uses no oil so it's a healthy quick meal on busy nights.
Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice step by step
- Mince the garlic, ginger and chili add a dash of oil and fry in a hot wok or pan until it just starts to brown..
- Add the spring onions but keep some greens to garnish. Add the kimchi to the hot pan and stir gently. Push the mixture to the side of the pan, add another dash of oil and fry the rice until piping hot..
- Combine the kimchi and rice and add the seaweed sauce and/or tamari sauce to your taste. Top with a little extra chili and a sprinkle of spring onions and a squeeze of lime. I like to serve this with a little extra kimchi and mixed vegetables..
This vegan Kimchi Fried Rice is the perfect balance of spicy, salty, and satisfying. In general, veggie fried rice is a great weeknight staple. This spicy vegan kimchi fried rice is made with crispy bok choy and chunks of pan-fried tofu. Top it with fried eggs for something extra! This Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice is a one pot meal that packs a double punch of flavor and spice, using vegan Kimchi and fermented Gochujang paste, covered in toasted sesame seeds, nori strips, and fresh green onions!