Garbanzo Beans Curry (Channa Masala, Waverley Kitchens). Channa Masala is an Indian style curry made with Chickpeas/Garbanzo beans. It's a great option for vegetarian/vegan source of protein. An instructional video on how to prepare chole, a traditional north Indian garbanzo bean curry from Ranjani of wakeupandsmellthemasala.blogspot.com.
Chickpea curry recipe is Indian Curry. Also known as chana masala, or chole masala. If you want chana masala you use garbanzo beans, but lots of different vegetables or meat can be substituted instead of the garbanzo beans if you Add the drained garbanzo beans and mix well. You can have Garbanzo Beans Curry (Channa Masala, Waverley Kitchens) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garbanzo Beans Curry (Channa Masala, Waverley Kitchens)
- It’s 1 can of garbanzo beans (15 oz).
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste (or 2 big tomatoes diced).
- You need 1 small of onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro.
- It’s of spice blends order at www.waverleykitchens.com.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of WK SEED BLEND.
- You need 2 tsp of WK BEAN BLEND.
- It’s of pantry items.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil (your choice of oil).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt (to your taste).
- It’s 3 quart of sauce pot with cover.
Add the chana masala (curry powder) and water. Continue to fry on medium heat for three minutes. Health Tip Tuesday – Incorporate Garbanzo beans in your diet. Luckily most of you love Hummus and the main ingredient is Garbanzo beans, along with fresh garlic and olive oil.
Garbanzo Beans Curry (Channa Masala, Waverley Kitchens) instructions
- Strain and wash 1 can garbanzo beans; grind or dice 1 small onion and 1 garlic clove; set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to pot and 1/2 tsp 'WK Seed Blend'.
- Heat oil at medium heat until there is small movement in spices (usually 2 mins).
- Immediately add onion and garlic (if used) to pot, and 1 tbsp tomato paste; stir until golden brown (usually 3 min).
- Add 2 tsp of 'WK Bean Blend', 1/2 tsp salt (to your taste), garbanzo beans to pot and 2 cups water.
- Set to medium low heat, cover pot and cook for 20 mins; stir occasionally and mash some garbanzo beans.
- Optional: garnish with 2 tbsp coarsely chopped cilantro.
- For a full meal add: – Rice, naan, bread or heated whole wheat tortilla – Salad – Any sabji – Yogurt Variations: – To make hot add chopped jalapeño pepper or red chilli powder – Canned beans can be substituted by soaking beans overnight – Side item: chopped onion with salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice.
Participants in a recent study "consumed less food overall when the diet was supplemented with garbanzo beans." Delicious Garbanzo bean curry cooked in hara masala. Kala Channa or Desi chana is also known as Bengal gram has a very unique, nutty and distinctive flavour. It is either cooked with freshly ground masala or with fresh hara masala that enhances the taste of the. Learn to cook this spicy traditional dish one step at a time! Chop everything up, mix it, simmer and serve it toy our friends!