Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan). Couscous with Tomato Sauce, vegetable and lamb meat (Couscous my way 😉 There is tons of ways to prepare couscous : variation in spicing , meat , vegetable. Hello and welcome to my channel. Toady's recipe is a staple dish from my country, Tunisia, it is a dish that we prepare when we have guests, in our wedding.
If you are a vegan then this does not become an option. Simple, easy to prepare and tastes delicious. A delicious Tunisian-inspired Tagine (with your choice of Chicken or chickpeas) Carrots, Cous Cous and flavorful Green Harissa Sauce. You can cook Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan)
- You need 1 of + 2 yellow onions.
- You need 1 of veggie soup square.
- You need 100 g of couscous.
- Prepare 100 g of fresh spinach or other leafy greens.
- Prepare 70 g of golden raisins.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tunisian spice mix.
- You need 4 of yellow peppers.
- Prepare 2 of fresh tomatoes.
- It’s 6 tbsp of tomatoe puree.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Oregano to tast.
- Prepare 1 of eggplant.
- It’s 4 of carrots.
- It’s 3 of potatoes.
- It’s 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
Traditional Tunisian couscous, lots of flavour, really, easy and filling to make and once you've eaten this version you won't view couscous the same way again! Making this tonight for my tunisian husband! Also making tagine too ill let u know how it goes! couscous machine tunisian dates couscous pot tunisian marble couscous production line tunisian pottery ceramics tunisian crochet hooks couscous tunisia tunisian milk tunisian hook More. tunisian couscous. wholesale gluten free konjac spinach spaghetti. Plus free Milk Street recipes delivered to your inbox each Monday and access to every TV recipe.
Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) step by step
- Peel the onions and cut one of them in little squares. Start frying this onion on the sunflower oil and when it starts to get transparent add the spinach ot other leafy greens and add the tomatoe puree. Cook until the spinach becomes soft. Then add 4 cups of water..
- Add the tunisian spice mix, add the peeled veggies: cut the potatoes into big squares, cut the carrots into 4 pieces, cut the eggplant in big squares, cut the tomatoe in big squares too..
- Also add those onions that we left in one piece at the beginning. Also add the soup square and the yellow peppers cut into slices.Add the oregano and salt to taste..
- Next take the "upper part" of the couscous cooking pot and add the couscous, pour a mugful of hot water on it and add the olive oil. Stir to combine..
- Also stir the veggies in the down part of pot also. Put the top part on top of down part and steam the couscous till soft..
- Stir both parts of pot from time to time and add more hot water to couscous if it seems dry..
- Serve the veggie sauce on top of couscous and also add raisins on top. Let me know if you tried this recipe..
Tunisian Couscous: For those who ever tried Tunisian couscous, and didn't had the occasion to savor it again, I will be you savior ! This will give taste to the meal and make it very. By Emma Waverman and Eshun Mott. This article should come with a warning for hot sauce lovers: Tunisian cuisine is very addictive on its own, but combine it with harissa and you may never be able to eat anything else. The couscous is exactly the same taste as Tunisian food, however the Debbla taste was a bit of than Tunisian way.