Vegan cabbage roll. Spoon lentil mixture into softened cabbage leaves and roll tightly. This recipe for Stuffed Vegan Cabbage Rolls was by reader request. Hundreds of you asked for it, so here is my version.
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls & Why Too Much Protein Can Be Unhealthy. From Vegan Vittles by Joanne Stepaniak. This is a tasty, simple and hearty dish. You can have Vegan cabbage roll using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan cabbage roll
- You need 1 of small cabbage/ half big cabbage.
- It’s 2 spoons of vegan butter/olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Fillings.
- It’s 1,5 cup of rice.
- You need 50 gr of frozen mushroom (any kind).
- It’s 2 slices of bread (without crust).
- Prepare 2 spoons of soy milk.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of dice of vegetable broth (knorr).
- You need 2 spoons of olive oil.
- It’s of Oregano.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It’s 12 spoons of canned tomato sauce/soup.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/3 glass of cooking white wine.
- It’s 2 spoons of olive oil.
I didn't have quick cooking brown rice and just used cooked brown rice instead- about a cup and a half- and it turned out. These wonderful vegetarian cabbage rolls are stuffed with a spicy vegetable and rice mixture. VERY timely as I suppose all cabbage rolls are. Did not care for the tofu mixture.
Vegan cabbage roll step by step
- Prepare 18 sheets of cabbage leaves. Wash well with running water..
- Boil water and put a pinch of salt. When the water is boiled, put cabbage leaves for 4 minutes and take out from the water..
- Cut bread into small pieces and soften it with 3 spoon of soy milk. Crush and mix well. Cut 1 clove of garlic into small pieces and mix with the bread.
- Boil 1.5 cups of rice with 3 cups of water. Put 1 dice of vegetable broth dice. close with the lid for 10 mins. Tips: quick mix the rice when the dice is melted and close again with the lid..
- After 10 mins, put olive oil, mushrooms, and bread mixture. Add 1 glass of water if it is too much dry. Mix with the rice and close the lid. It will be ready after 5 mins with medium high heat..
- Put the filling into the cabbage leaves. Fill all 18 leaves. Tips: use a toothpick to seal the roll if you find it difficult to close..
- Melt butter on the pan. Once melted, put all cabbage roll on the pan. Close with a lid. Leave for 5-7 minutes with medium heat..
- On another pan, heat olive oil and 1 clove of garlic. Once you smell the garlic, put 12 spoons of tomato sauce/soup and 1/3 glass of white wine. Leave for 10 mins..
- Serve cabbage roll with the tomato sauce and enjoy your vegan cabbage roll!.
Do you ever crave lasagna but don't want to eat all of the Leafy green cabbage replaces wheat pasta for a light and satisfying meal that's flavorful enough to. I can never find egg roll wrappers that don't contain egg so I made this Vegan Egg Roll in a Bowl. All the goodness from the inside of the egg roll, but without the fried wrappers! Golabkis AKA Stuffed Cabbage Rolls, veganized! Made with plant-based ingredients for a filling I made these Golabki AKA Stuffed Cabbage Rolls, for a guest post at Vegan Miam, run by the.