Chickpea Curry with Cashews.
You can cook Chickpea Curry with Cashews using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea Curry with Cashews
- You need 1 tbsp of flour / cornstarch.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth ( veggie broth to make vegan dish).
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 can of No salt added chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted cashews.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of fat free yogurt.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breast optional.
Chickpea Curry with Cashews instructions
- Separate 5 table spoons of broth and add cornstarch or flour. Stir till dissolves. Let sit..
- Cut chicken brest into strips. Add to medium frying pan with 2 table spoons of oil. Grill at medium temp. Till golden brown on every side. Remove from heat..
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, onion, curry powder, salt, and pepper in large skillet over medium heat. Cover and cook stirring once a min for 5 min..
- Add remaining broth to onions and the cornstarch / flour mixture. Cook stirring constantly until thick. Add chickpeas and cashews. Simmer for 5 min. Stir in parsley..
- Add grilled chicken. Serve and add 1 tablespoon of yogurt to each serving..