Low-fat vegan banana bread. Home » Type » Bread » Quick Breads » Vegan Banana Bread (Healthy + Easy). I love my vegan banana breads, and have quite a few variations in the recipe collection, like this Blueberry Banana Oat Bread, Buckwheat Banana Bread, and Carrot Banana Bread. If you'd like to try a low-fat vegan banana bread recipe, this is a great one to try.
This recipe doesn't call for liquid, because the mashed banana, applesauce, and apples add enough moisture. Low-Fat Banana Bread has a wonderfully moist texture and tastes of sweet bananas, cinnamon, and vanilla. The combination of sweet bananas paired with vanilla and cinnamon, is sure to please. You can have Low-fat vegan banana bread using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low-fat vegan banana bread
- You need 2 cups of whole meal flour.
- Prepare 3 of over-ripe bananas (mashed).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tbsp of almond milk (if required).
- It’s 1/3 cup of olive oil (though I sometimes go in with 1/4 cup oil if the bananas are so ripe that the skin is black 😬).
This quick bread is perfect with your morning coffee but it is also lovely with a tossed salad for a light lunch. Over the years, I've tested oodles of vegan banana bread recipes and never settled on one that I thought was "it". Too dense, too dry, too moist, lacking banana flavour, too sweet, not sweet enough, etc. Use up your ripe bananas in our vegan banana bread – the perfect breakfast treat to enjoy with your morning cuppa.
Low-fat vegan banana bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350 F.
- Mix the dry ingredients on a large mixing bowl. Now add the vanilla extract, and gently fold in the mashed bananas and olive oil to make into a smooth batter..
- Line a baking tin with grease-proof paper. Pour the batter in the tin and bake for 40 minutes. [As ovens tend to vary, do the toothpick test in the centre of the loaf. If the toothpick comes out clean means the loaf should be ready). Once cooled to room temperature, enjoy the goodness of your freshly baked banana bread. Store in an airtight container. It keeps for roughly a week in the refrigerator and about 3 days at room temperature..
We love it toasted with peanut butter. This Vegan Banana Bread is fluffy, gluten-free, and absolutely delicious. However, I did have one small problem – Vegan Banana Bread always seemed to fall…flat. There are a plethora of vegan recipes out there, but none. This vegan banana bread is also one of the recipes which I make quite often, whenever I have overripe bananas at home.