Chickpea Curry. EASY coconut curry with chickpeas and Indian spices. This easy, flavorful coconut chickpea curry is ready in no time and packed with flavor! Chickpeas are simmered in a fragrantly spiced curry sauce mixture and garnished with fresh cilantro.
This chickpea curry is the ultimate healthy and easy weeknight dinner! Everyone is always asking for easy weeknight dinners. This Chickpea Curry has become one of my favorite meals. You can cook Chickpea Curry using 18 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea Curry
- You need 2 tbsp of cocnut oil.
- It’s 3 grams of caraway seeds.
- You need 4 clove of garlic (4 cloves=10-17g).
- It’s 2 of medium onions (ca. 190g).
- Prepare 30 grams of peeled and slices fresh ginger (ca. 2 thumb-sized piece.
- You need 5 grams of oil.
- Prepare 3 grams of ground cinnamon (3g=1tsp).
- Prepare 5 grams of turmeric (5g=1tsp).
- Prepare 3 grams of curry powder (3g=1tsp).
- Prepare 2 grams of pepper (2g=1/2tsp).
- It’s 4 grams of ground coriander (4g=1tbsp).
- It’s 2 of medium quartered tomatoes (ca. 190g).
- It’s 13 grams of salt (13g=2tsp).
- You need 6 grams of sugar (6g=1tsp).
- It’s 425 grams of drained chickpeas.
- You need 200-400 grams of boiling water.
- Prepare of for a creamier taste:.
- You need of substitute ½ water with coconut milk.
Chickpeas – The recipe is based on chickpeas, but you could substitute tofu, or a variety of vegetables/sweet potatoes instead. A great tasting curry from scratch will always call for a fair Making the Chickpea Potato Curry. Measuring out those spices is definitely the step that takes the. Try one of our best chickpea curries for a filling, vegetarian main.
Chickpea Curry step by step
- In large frying pan heat enough oil of your choice to cover the bottom.
- Gently let caraway get hot and pop (lid might be helpful), but never let them burn.
- Garlic, onion and ginger into tmx and chop at 6 for 5sec.
- Add oil to tmx and program heat "varoma" for 3min at speed 1.
- Scrape down sides.
- Add cinnamon, turmeric, curry powder.
- Heat "varoma" for 4min at speed 1.
- Add cayenne or other spicy herb like chili or hot pepper and coriander.
- Blend for 3sec at speed 2.5.
- Add tomatoes, salt and sugar.
- Blend at 5 for 5sec and heat "varoma" 2min speed 1.5.
- Drain chickpeas (and keep the liquid – you have chickpea brine now! Which you can use e.g. for yummy chocolate chip cookies) https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/444580-vedgedouts-chocolate-chip-cookies.
- Carefully pour curry paste into frying pan with caraway seeds (will cause a lot of vapor!).
- Add chickpeas to frying pan.
- Mix well together and heat up to lower medium.
- Bring water to a boil, add to tmx, blend a bit (to get all left-over flavors out) and pour into frying pan.
- Cover and let simmer until consistency is to your preference.
- While simmering and thickening you may add up to about 300g of any other pre-cooked al dente veggies (potatoes, pumpkin, fresh spinach leaves, lentils). If you like, lighten up this dish with a shot of coconut cream. Especially good once a lot has been eaten and you add it to very thickened left-overs. Perfect!.
- Served with rice this is a lovely main dish.
- Chop fresh cilantro and add to dish, stir, serve.
We've also included chicken, pork and fish with plenty of healthy and easy options. Recipe is vegan, gluten free, oil free, rich in protein and easy to make. This chickpea curry is not only healthy, but delicious too. Here's how to make Chickpea Curry, one of my favorite pantry dishes of all time. If you're a fan of Keep sauteing the onions as they become coated in the curry powder.