Butternut squash soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
It adds just the right balance for the squash. Ready in an hour and freezes well. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! You can cook Butternut squash soup using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, diced.
- You need 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium butternut squash.
- Prepare 800 ml of vegetable stock (or use chicken stock for a non-vegan soup).
- You need 180 ml of coconut milk.
- You need of coconut cream for garnish.
The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. This Butternut Squash soup from Delish.com is an easy and comforting fall meal. Making soup from butternut squash is one of our go-to moves during the fall. I've made a butternut squash soup before that was inspired by Tom Kha Gai.
Butternut squash soup instructions
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 1 medium onion and 2 gloves garlic diced and 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil..
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent..
- Add the cubed butternut squash and toss in the onion mixture..
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine..
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork..
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk. Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender..
- Serve immediately with a garnish of some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer..
- Enjoy your soup :).
I've also made a Sweet Potato. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best! Easy homemade butternut squash soup is naturally thick and creamy, perfect for the season when squash is available in abundance.