Smoky Carrot Dogs w/ nacho sauce (vegan).
You can have Smoky Carrot Dogs w/ nacho sauce (vegan) using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoky Carrot Dogs w/ nacho sauce (vegan)
- Prepare 8 of large carrots, rinsed and trimmed ends.
- You need 3/4 C of raw cashews.
- You need 2 T of canola oil.
- It’s 1 T of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 C of jarred salsa.
- It’s 1/4 C of almond milk.
- It’s 3 T of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 T of water.
- It’s 1 pkg of wheat hotdog buns.
- Prepare 2 of jalapenos, sliced thin.
- It’s 1/4 C of red onion,, diced.
Smoky Carrot Dogs w/ nacho sauce (vegan) instructions
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water for 8 hours..
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil. Round the ends of carrots to fit buns and look like a hotdog..
- Place oil, soy sauce, liquid smoke, paprika, garlic and onion powder in a bowl and whisk. Put the carrots in baking dish in a single layer. Pour the oil mixture over the carrots coating all sides. Bake for 35 minutes turning every 15 minutes..
- Drain cashews. Place cashews, salsa, milk, yeast, cayenne, cumin, tumeric and salt in a blender. Process until creamy. Stir in 1 tsp of water at a time to sauce until you like the consistency..
- Put 1 carrot in each bun and top with the cheese sauce, jalapeno and red onion. Serve. These taste great!.