Pea Soup. Split Pea Soup is the perfect hearty winter soup to serve your family as it is so easy-to-mak and so good! My family considered this soup as an all-time comfort food. Blitz up a vibrant blend of green pea soup for a light summer starter or lunch.
It's also a great way to use frozen vegetables when the produce section is looking bleak. Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up! This hearty, protein packed, comforting soup is made with tender split peas, flavorful ham and fresh vegetables. You can have Pea Soup using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pea Soup
- You need 3 cups of peas.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s A few of stalks of celery.
- It’s of Any other green veg – I added some green beans and chopped leek.
- Prepare of Vegetable stock or 1 tablespoon bullion and water.
- It’s 1 of spring of mint.
- You need 1 of drizzle of vegan cream of normal cream.
- It’s of Salt and white pepper.
Split Pea Soup is one of my favorite comfort meals. It's easy, inexpensive, delicious and GOOD FOR YOU! The Wolfe Pit shows you how to make a hearty pot of. Pea soup takes time to make, but mostly cooks unattended.
Pea Soup step by step
- If you are using a soup maker, just add the veg and the stock or bullion and turn it on! If you are going to use a blender or hand blender, gently sauté the onions in A little oil and stir for a few minutes, add the leek and then the remaining vegetables..
- Add the stock or water and bullion until about an inch above the vegetables. Cook for about 20 minutes on a slow simmer or the smooth setting of the soup blender. Blend until smooth, drizzle with a little cream and garnish with a sprig if mint – it’s ready to serve. We enjoyed this with homemade garlic bread..
You can start it on a weekend when you're around the house, early in the afternoon, and make enough for a few days' worth of leftovers. This easy pea soup recipe is one you'll make time and again when you're in a rush. The recipe scales up easily and freezes well, so there's no reason not to make loads. I had been eating split pea soup for at least half my life before I realized it was not traditionally a A lot of vegetarian split pea soups add potatoes for bulk, but I find it only further mutes a muted soup's. This Split Pea Soup from Delish.com is better than your Grandma's (we won't tell).