Raw Vegan Pad Thai. Crunchy zucchini and squash noodles team up with other colorful veggies to create this light and fresh raw vegan pad Thai salad! Notes – Raw Pad Thai Recipe. If you make the dressing first, and then toss the veggies on top, this is a one-pot meal.
Pad Thai is a well-known stir fry dish commonly served as 'street food' in Thailand. Its usually made with rice noodles and often meat or seafood. A healthy and refreshing salad, this vegan raw Pad Thai is made with zucchini noodles, carrots, bell peppers, and fresh herbs. You can have Raw Vegan Pad Thai using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Raw Vegan Pad Thai
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Courgette.
- Prepare 1/2 of cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of sharp apple (optional) Squeeze with lime if you are not eating straight away or it will brown.
- You need 1 handful of beansprouts.
- You need 1 handful of fresh herbs and micro herbs.
- You need 1 handful of fresh sprouted seeds (optional).
- Prepare 1 of shallot.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- It’s 1-2 of spring onions.
- You need of Raw crushed nuts (optional).
- Prepare 1 of red and 1 green chili (chopped to your taste, you may like a spicy or less spicy version).
- It’s 1/2 of lime wedges.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh tamarind paste.
- You need 1 of date or 1 tablespoon of agave syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 clove of crushed garlic (more if you like).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of crushed ginger (more if you like).
- It’s 1 splash of Tamari.
- You need 1/2 of lime (juice).
All topped with a homemade raw almond sauce for a delicious and hearty lunch. Let's talk pad Thai…specifically raw pad Thai. That's right, this pad Thai is completely raw and requires no cooking at all! Now I know this isn't a traditional pad Thai, (if that's what you're looking for then make sure to head over to my favourite vegan pad Thai recipe) but it's a delicious way to enjoy a fresh and tasty "noodle" dish without any actual noodles or cooking.
Raw Vegan Pad Thai step by step
- Wash and dry the vegetables and herbs. Ribbon the vegetables. Chop the chili pepper and herbs and crush the nuts ready to garnish..
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small blender. Taste and adjust as to your preference..
- Drizzle the sauce on to the salad and garnish with lots of fresh, chopped chili (if you like it spicy) fresh nuts if you are using them and a wedge of lime..
This pad Thai-inspired raw vegan food salad is hearty enough to serve as an entrée and one of our favorites. The flavor in this recipe really comes from the fresh, quality ingredients, in particular, the fresh chopped cilantro , so whatever you do, don't substitute the raw fresh cilantro for dried. Raw pad thai made from zucchini noodles, carrots, bell peppers, and a creamy peanut butter vegan pad Thai sauce makes a healthy, easy, and veggie packed side dish, salad, or appetizer. No better way to start off the veggie filled week than with one of my favorite cuisines and this raw pad Thai salad! A few weeks ago I was given a package of kelp noodles and finally found the perfect dish to feature them in.