Vickys Beetroot Risotto (Oven Method), GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Beetroot Risotto (Oven Method), GF DF EF SF NF using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Beetroot Risotto (Oven Method), GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 500 g of cooked beetroot, around 5 beets.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 250 g of arborio rice.
- It’s 150 ml of white wine / hot veg stock.
- You need 700 ml of hot vegetable stock.
- You need 1 handful of grated vegan parmesan, Violife brand is my favourite.
- You need 4 tbsp of vegan sour cream or Koko coconut yogurt.
- Prepare of Freshly chopped dill to garnish.
Vickys Beetroot Risotto (Oven Method), GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and ready a casserole dish with a lid and a frying pan.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion until translucent, around 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry a further minute.
- Stir the rice in.
- Pour in the white wine and cook down until absorbed, a few minutes.
- Add the hot stock and the contents of the frying pan to the casserole dish, stir then put the lid on and put in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until the rice has absorbed almost all of the liquid.
- Meanwhile chop the beetroot into bitesized pieces.
- Take a quarter of the chopped beets and puree them smooth.
- Stir the puree and parmesan (reserving some for topping) into the rice, then gently stir in the chopped beetroot.
- Divide between 4 plates or pasta bowls, top each with a tbsp of soured cream, a sprinkle of parmesan and fresh dill.