Vickys Chargrilled Chicken, Potato & Chorizo Salad with Paprika Dressing. I made this delicious chargrilled chicken dish when we were filming on the wonderful island of Elba, off the coast of Tuscany. I rubbed honey over the meat for added flavour before chargrilling. This is a great way to cook chicken, and the garlic and rosemary potatoes make a wonderful accompaniment.
Full of protein, this egg, potato and chicken salad is filling and fuelling! With a lemon, caper and parsley dressing, it's packed with loads of flavour. Put potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. You can cook Vickys Chargrilled Chicken, Potato & Chorizo Salad with Paprika Dressing using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Chargrilled Chicken, Potato & Chorizo Salad with Paprika Dressing
- Prepare 200 grams of pre-boiled potatoes, cut into chunks.
- Prepare 200 grams of cold chargrilled chicken, sliced.
- Prepare 60 grams of sundried tomatoes, whole or sliced.
- Prepare 2 of yellow bell peppers, diced.
- You need 2 of red bell peppers, diced.
- Prepare 60 grams of chorizo sausage cut into small cubes.
- It’s 40 grams of manchego (ewes) cheese or any other cut into small cubes (Violife is a tasty coconut-based vegan brand of 'cheese').
- You need 160 grams of mixed salad leaves – baby spinach, rocket, red chard, mixed lettuce.
- It’s of Paprika Dressing.
- You need 4 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 3 tsp of tomato puree.
- It’s 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of maple syrup or agave nectar.
- You need 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic puree.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
Cover and bring to the boil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and place onto a For the dip, place all of the dip ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Serve in a small bowl alongside the chicken skewers. Grilled chicken breast halves are served on ciabatta sandwich rolls with sun-dried tomato mayonnaise and spring greens dressed in balsamic vinaigrette.
Vickys Chargrilled Chicken, Potato & Chorizo Salad with Paprika Dressing instructions
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl, whisking the oil in last and slowly. Adjust to suit your taste and leave in the fridge to chill.
- Place the salad leaves on plates with half of the sliced chicken. Add the sundried tomatoes, slice them if you like or leave them whole.
- Put the cubed chorizo in a frying pan and heat until the grease starts to come out. Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the diced peppers to the pan and when almost softened add the boiled potato chunks and chorizo back in to warm through.
- Divide between the plates then top with the rest of the chicken and the cubed cheese.
- Drizzle the dressing over the food and around the plate and serve immediately.
Chargrilled Chicken Ciabatta. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Notes • To butterfly a chicken: Place chicken, breast-side down, with the neck facing you. Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, slice along either side of backbone and discard. Turn chicken over and firmly press down with your hands to pop any joints and flatten. Scatter the rocket on to a platter.