Vegan banana bread. I love my vegan banana breads, and have quite a few variations in the recipe collection, like this Blueberry Banana Oat Bread, Buckwheat Banana Bread, and Carrot Banana Bread. Use up your ripe bananas in our vegan banana bread – the perfect breakfast treat to enjoy with your morning cuppa. We love it toasted with peanut butter.
The best banana bread ever, and it's vegan! Perfectly sweet, moist, and topped with a brown sugar crust, this delicious banana bread is super easy to make and customizable with your favorite stir-ins. For this vegan banana bread, I used this banana bread recipe, which is one of the most popular recipes on Simply Recipes! You can have Vegan banana bread using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan banana bread
- It’s 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 3 of medium sized banana or 2 large banana(fully ripe).
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup to 3/4 cup +2tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar or 2tsp lemon juice.
From there, I looked at what I needed to switch out: butter and eggs. This is the best vegan banana bread recipe ever, and it's so easy to make! This is the only banana bread recipe you will need! If you're going bananas for vegan banana bread recipes, this is the perfect post for you!
Vegan banana bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Grease the loaf pan and set aside. Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature. Sieve together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder thrice..
- Mash the banana well without any chunks. Add brown sugar and 1/4 cup of water whisk until the sugar dissolves completely..
- Add oil, vinegar and mix again..
- Add the sieve the flour mixture in 3 batches and whisk without any lumps. Stir it slowly don't overmix. If required add water in small batches.I used totally of 3/4cup+2 tbsp water. The water required depends on the wheat flour you are using. This batter would slightly thicker only..
- Pour it to a greased loaf pan and level it with a spatula.Tap the pan 2 or 3 times..
- Bake it for 65 minutes in preheated oven for 180degree Celcius. A skewer inserted must come out clean once baked..
- Allow the banana bread to cool down a bit and place it on a wire rack to cool down completely..
- Slice the bread once it's completely cooled..
Over the years, I've tested oodles of vegan banana bread recipes and never settled on one that I thought was "it". Making vegan banana bread is simple and quick. Just grab your ingredients and equipment and turn on your oven. It's good to let your oven pre-heat anytime you are baking. This vegan banana bread is a new version of my vegan gluten-free banana bread, but this one is made with whole wheat flour, which is easier to get and also more affordable.