Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4. The most classic way to serve nettles is in nettle soup, made with potatoes, stock, and a little cream. This soup is full of tender potatoes, onions, carrots, garlic, and (obviously) nettles which, have a similar flavor to spinach. Plus, fresh nettles have a ton of detoxifying attributes so you can feel great about the flavor Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
Preparing nettles is a simple art once you know how. Use rubber gloves and place them in a large colander to Gluten-free Vegan Date Slices – fancy but easy. Season to taste, then stir in the butter and cream. You can cook Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4 using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4
- You need 20-30 of nettle shoots.
- Prepare 1 knob of butter or 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium finely chopped onion.
- You need 5 of small potatoes (any).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of plain flour or GF flour.
- It’s 1 of vegetable or chicken stock cube.
- Prepare of Small bunch of parsley leaves, finely chopped.
- It’s of Single or double cream OR Elmlea Plant based cream (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely chopped chives (optional).
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Bread or croutons to serve.
Serve the soup drizzled with extra oil and scattered with dead nettle flowers, if you They have either white or purple edible flowers, and can be cooked in the same way as stingers. Vibrant, luscious Nettle Soup with Tarragon – a simple easy recipe, full of incredible health benefits and lovely flavor. Luxurious and vibrant green, Nettle soup can be made with highly nutritious nettles or baby Subscribe and get my *free plant-based guide w/ recipes! It is naturally gluten free and vegan.
Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4 instructions
- Sauté the chopped onions on the butter or oil, stirring often – until it’s golden.
- Reduce fire, add the flour, stir for a minute or two, than add a mug of water and stir until it becomes creamy.
- Add stock cube, salt and pepper, stir and turn off the fire..
- Cut off the nettle leaves from the stem. You can use a fork or any other utensil to avoid holding it with your hand..
- Add the chopped potatoes and the nettle to the pot and add enough water to cover it. About 4-5 mugs of water should be sufficient. Turn the heat back on, cover the pot with a lid, and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked..
- Using a hand held blender or any other kind (be careful and make sure it’s suitable to blend hot beverages!!) cream the soup. Than add the finely chopped parsley and blend again if you wish..
- Add some cream if you prefer(4 -5 tbs should be enough) and adjust salt to your liking. To serve, use the chopped chives and another splash of cream to garnish. Enjoy with toast or croutons. Enjoy!.
This Vegan Vegetable Soup recipe is hearty, healthy and anything goes with this. Perfect valentines day treats that are gluten and dairy free. Stinging nettles may seem like an unlikely ingredient to cook with, but when incorporated into a recipe, the prickly hairs on the plant that can sting are dismantled and you're left with delicate greens that taste a bit like a combination of spinach and cucumber. Nettles are used in traditional healing practices as. To ratio of potatoes to nettles is completely up to you.