Lilhpster's Vegan Egg Salad. Lilhpster's Vegan Egg Salad I'm a vegan and I was craving an egg salad sandwich, but I didn't want to break my vegan diet, so I found this recipe and made it even "eggier" by adding the Indian black salt. Vegan Egg Salad with secret ingredient is just as good as the real thing! Yes, I called it the best Vegan Egg Salad, because it really is the best.
How to Serve Vegan Egg Salad. Now, I obviously made my vegan egg salad into sandwiches. I toasted some rolls (I used Everything But the Bagel Ciabatta Rolls from Trader Joe's, and OMG these are so good) then layered spinach, vegan egg salad and microgreens on top. You can have Lilhpster's Vegan Egg Salad using 10 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lilhpster's Vegan Egg Salad
- You need 1 loaf of firm tofu drained.
- You need 1/3 cup of vegannaise.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sweet relish.
- You need 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Indian black salt (Kala Namak).
- It’s 1/2 stalk of of celery diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mustard.
- You need 1 dash of paprika for garnish.
But you could also make this into a salad by serving the vegan egg salad on top of greens. Although some vegan egg salad recipes are made with raw tofu, I prefer to cook the tofu to make it the right texture. Also, I use extra-firm tofu, even though many recipes call for softer tofu. My grandma's egg salad, for instance, was chunky with substance, instead of mashed and mushy.
Lilhpster's Vegan Egg Salad step by step
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the tofu with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and stir together until well combined. Sprinkle with paprika for garnish, if desired. Serve on bread with lettuce for an "egg" salad sandwich, or spread on crackers..
So, in an effort to honor my grandma, cooked, firm tofu. Normal Egg Salad is not crumbly — so this Vegan version shall not be either! While Tofu + Vegan Mayo + Turmeric looks like Egg Salad, it just tastes like…Tofu, Mayo, and Turmeric. The secret to making Vegan Egg Salad taste like the real dang deal is to use Black Salt. What I Love About this Vegan Egg Salad.