Choo Chee Curry with Salmon. Great recipe for Choo Chee Curry with Salmon. Choo Chee Curry is a great Thai home style curry dish. Same as other typical Thai curry, this recipe is so simple and easy to make.
With the simplest of ingredients it's a tasty way of serving salmon where it gently poaches in a deliciously rich red curry coconut sauce. If you love Thai flavours please give this Salmon Choo Chee a try! Choo Chee Curry is a great Thai home style curry dish. You can have Choo Chee Curry with Salmon using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Choo Chee Curry with Salmon
- You need of Salmon fillet 400 g (or 2-3 pieces). Take skin off to grill (optional).
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of Red curry paste.
- It’s 1 of big tin of Coconut milk.
- You need 2 leaves of Kaffir lime leaves for garnishing thinly shredded.
- You need of Red chili pepper for garnishing seedless and thinly sliced 1 whole.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of Fish sauce 1-1½ tbsp or soy sauce if vegans 1-2 tbsp.
- Prepare of Palm sugar 2 tbsp (brown sugar is fine too).
Same as other typical Thai curry, this recipe is so simple and easy to make. I use red curry for this Choo Chee dish as it's hard to find Choo Chee curry paste in here but I will guarantee the result is just as good. Mix the remaining coconut milk and water, slowly add into the curry mixture. Put cooking oil in the saucepan and add curry paste.
Choo Chee Curry with Salmon instructions
- Heat about 2-3 tbsp. of coconut milk in a wok or saucepan over a high heat until coconut milk starts bubbling. Add the red curry paste and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant..
- Add salmon fillets and cook for a few minutes, turn the fish over then add about 5-6 tbsp of coconut milk..
- Then add palm sugar, fish sauce or soy sauce Simmer for about 5 minutes..
- Taste and adjust the saltiness by adding more fish sauce or soy sauce if preferred. Add a few tbsp. of coconut milk and stir well..
- Put salmon skin into the lightly oiled tray in the oven medium heat for 15-20 min.
- To serve, place the salmon chuu chee curry in a large bowl. Garnish with red chilli and finely chopped kaffir lime leaves, crispy skin. Drizzle some coconut milk. Enjoy with steamed riceberry or Jasmine rice.
Turn on the heat, then stir until fragrant. Choo Chee Curry sauce pairs perfectly with white fish, prawns and even pork instead of chicken. For a vegetarian option, why not try it with tofu or eggplant with bell pepper or enoki mushrooms? For a vegan version, swap the fish sauce for soy sauce and make sure to use a vegan red curry paste. You may want to add a little extra salt to balance.