Fried tofu, onions and chillies in bean sauce #Vegan#. Place tofu, light soy sauce, stock or water and garlic sprouts. Fry and toss until each piece is well coated. Transfer tofu out and leave the oil in.
When the mixture is bubbling, stir your cornstarch mixture to ensure that I used a tablespoon of La Doubanjiang because we didn't have fermented black beans and sauteed an onion in it too. Again, Retired Chef Cook Fai, demonstrate another version how to cook Tofu with shrimps in black beans sauce, non spicy one. but if you love hot and spicy. The soft tofu absorbs the black bean sauce quickly, minimizing the cooking time. You can cook Fried tofu, onions and chillies in bean sauce #Vegan# using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried tofu, onions and chillies in bean sauce #Vegan#
- It’s 1 pack of non-gmo fried tofu.
- You need 3 of chilli pepper.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 Tsp of fermented bean paste.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 Tsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 Tsp of starch of your choice.
- You need 3 Tsp of Olive oil.
However, if you're a fan of firmer tofu, feel free to use. Heat a wok over medium High heat and then add vegetable oil. Unlike extra firm tofu, firm tofu does not get crispy right away when fried; it is the ideal texture needed for this dish. As for the salted black beans, make sure that you rinse them first before cooking to decrease the salinity.
Fried tofu, onions and chillies in bean sauce #Vegan# step by step
- Slice tofu, carrot, pepper and onion, and set aside. Mince garlic..
- Stir fry carrot and onion in olive oil until aromatic for about 3 minutes..
- Add fried tofu, garlic and sauté for another minute..
- Add soy sauce and bean paste and a Tsp of water and keep stir fry for about a minute until the sauce well coat all ingredients..
- Add chilli pepper in the end to avoid overcooking and cook for 30 more second. Stir in starch water right after. Adjust seasoning if necessary..
Placing salted black beans without rinsing will make this dish too salty. The black bean sauce gives the dish a fabulous flavour that you will thoroughly enjoy. You can also try making the Tofu, Broccoli and Red Cabbage Stir Fry and the Chinese Barbequed Tofu with Heat the sesame oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, capsicum and fresh red chillies and sauté. Transfer crispy pan fried tofu to a plate. Repeat this step with remaining tofu.