Sweet potato peanut curry. Creamy Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Curry: Well, that story actually has nothing to do with this amazingly rich and creamy sweet potato curry recipe. I wish I could say this curry was waiting for us in the fridge after our date-night run, but that would be a lie. I made this the day after our date and we enjoyed it for an random, weekday lunch.
Season with salt, lime juice and a touch of sugar (optionally) remembering that the sweet potato will add further sweetness. Put the cubed sweet potato into the sauce and cover the pot. Add in coconut milk, broth (or water), soy sauce, juice of lime, ground turmeric, ground coriander. You can cook Sweet potato peanut curry using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato peanut curry
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- It’s 2 of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 500 ml of vegan stock.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
- It’s 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 2 handfuls of spinach.
- Prepare Handful of fresh coriander.
- Prepare Handful of chopped peanuts.
- You need of Boiled rice.
This curry sweet potato, kale, and peanut stew is a hearty recipe inspired by the West African dish maafe. It's a creamy, nutty stew stuffed with sweet potato and kale for a healthy and filling vegan and gluten free meal! This Chickpea Sweet Potato Peanut Curry is unbelievably easy to make, comforting, and conveniently happens to be really healthy too! I'd seen lots of different recipes for peanut soups, stews and curries online and was really excited to try them out because peanuts in savoury dishes are amazing (hello, tofu satay ) and I just love all types.
Sweet potato peanut curry instructions
- Grind up the spices and toast over a medium heat..
- Add oil, garlic and onions and fry for a few minutes..
- Cut the sweet potatoes in to cubes and add to the pan..
- Add stock, peanut butter and chopped tomatoes. Reduce to a low heat and cover. Cook for as long as possible. The longer the better. I usually aim for 4 hours..
- Add the chickpeas and red pepper and cook for a further 30 minutes..
- Stir in the spinach and fresh coriander..
- Serve with boiled rice. Garnish with chopped peanuts..
If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of water. If desired, top each serving with chopped peanuts and additional cilantro. Stir in sweet potatoes and water; bring to a boil. A creamy vegan curry with fiery Thai red curry spices at its heart. Peel and thinly slice the onions.