Vegan coconut lentil soup. This versatile coconut curry lentil soup is perfect on a dreary day, but really any time of the year. This Coconut Curry Lentil Soup is fragrant with just the right amount of spice. I actually used a whole teaspoon of red chili flakes the first time I made this, making it just hot enough to make our noses.
I hope you like this vegan red lentil soup as much as we do around here! When the the vegetables and the lentils are tender, either transfer the soup into a blender or use an immersion blender. Golden Coconut Lentil Soup is a light and fresh vegan soup with vibrant turmeric and a handful of fun toppings. You can cook Vegan coconut lentil soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan coconut lentil soup
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 (3 inch) of piece ginger.
- You need 3 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of red curry powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 (13.5 ounce) of can unsweetened coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- It’s 1 (15 ounce) of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 scoop of non-dairy Yogurt (for serving; optional).
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of sea salt (optional to taste).
This satisfying creamy soup is made with Thai red curry, coconut milk and fresh lime. Serve this vegan and gluten-free recipe with Perfect Coconut Rice This easy to make red lentil soup spiced-up with Thai red curry is a recipe you'll want to make over and over again. This one-pot red lentil soup gets rich and creamy flavors from coconut milk and it is packed with spices. It is a filling weeknight vegan meal.
Vegan coconut lentil soup instructions
- Chop onion, mince garlic, and peel and chop ginger..
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to large sauce pan on med heat. Add chopped onions and cook til translucent (about 6-8 min)..
- Add garlic and ginger, stirring often (about 4-5 min)..
- Add both curry powders and stir until begins to stick to bottom (about 1 min)..
- Add coconut milk, shredded coconut, red lentils, 1 tbsp salt and 5 cups of water. Break up spices by stirring often. Bring water to boil water and then reduce heat to simmer and cook til soup starts to thicken (about 20-25 min)..
- While soup is simmering, squeeze thawed spinach to release excess water. Chop spinach finely on cutting board..
- Towards end of simmering (about 5 min left), add crushed tomatoes and chopped spinach. Season to taste w/ sea salt and serve with 1 scoop of non-dairy yogurt..
You'll definitely want to eat the leftovers of this red lentil. This vegan lentil soup is a blended Middle Eastern style lentil soup, made with red lentils and blended for a super creamy and delicious soup! This vegan lentil soup is simply amazing! It has a wonderfully rich flavor and is so creamy you'll swear it must actually have cream in it, but nope. Tomato Coconut Lentil #howtocook #soup #souprecipes Recipe – vegan #howtocook #vegan #vegetarianrecipes – Enjoy – Another curry from the how to cook great.