Chickpea Curry. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, and fry onions until tender. Blend to a smooth paste – add a drop of water or more oil, if needed. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat.
Pour in the vegetable stock and stir to scrape up all the brown bits in the pan. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. This chickpea curry is made for weeknights. You can cook Chickpea Curry using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chickpea Curry
- It’s 2 TBSP of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
- It’s 1 of Red Onion Thinly Sliced,.
- You need Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- You need Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- It’s 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- You need 2 TSP of Bengal Style Garam Masala,.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Madras Curry Powder,.
- You need Pinch of Cayenne,.
- It’s 14.5 oz of Chickpeas Canned Drained,.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of Tomatoes Canned Diced,.
- You need 14.5 oz of Coconut Milk,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Maple Syrup,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Pic's Peanut Butter.
- Prepare of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- It’s of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- It’s of Cauliflower Couscous, 4 Servings.
- It’s of Vegan-Friendly Pita Homemade or Store-Bought, For Serving.
- Prepare of Coriander Coarsely Chopped, For Garnishing.
At the same time, there are no shortcuts. You'll saute real onion, garlic and fresh ginger, then add tomatoes, chickpeas and coconut milk to make a thick sauce. A superhealthy vegetable-packed curry with chickpeas, spinach and tomatoes. Get some protein into a vegan diet with this tasty chickpea curry jacket..
Chickpea Curry step by step
- You can use store-bought vegan-friendly pita or visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2018/10/03/greek-pita-bread Replace the milk with any dairy-free milk for a vegan option..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/couscous-sweet-potato-boats for the couscous recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/madras-curry-powder for the curry powder recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2019/11/21/bengal-style-garam-masala for the garam masala recipe..
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, drizzle oil. Once the oil is heated up, add in the onion. Season with salt and pepper..
- Saute until onions are caramelized. Add in garlic. Saute until aromatic. Add in the garam masala, curry powder and cayenne. Saute until aromatic..
- Add in chickpeas, tomatoes and coconut milk. *If you are using fresh chickpeas, soak them in water overnight.* Stir to combine well and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Bring it up to a simmer and turn the heat down to low..
- Cover and simmer for about 10 mins. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning.* Add in maple syrup and peanut butter. Taste and adjust for seasonings with salt and pepper..
- Give it a quick stir. Remove from heat. Finish the curry off with lemon juice and zest..
- Give it a final stir. Spoon over some cauliflower couscous or pita bread. Sprinkle some coriander over the top. Serve immediately..
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Heat olive oil in a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Stir in the fresh lime juice. Serve hot, over rice or other accompaniments of choice, and garnished with chopped fresh cilantro. Method Peel and finely chop the onions, drain and rinse the chickpeas and finely slice the green chillies.