Chicken Katsu With Curry Sauce. Chicken Katsu with Curry Sauce Method. Its heart is Indian spices, which were brought through the spice trade to Britain, where we manufactured our first curry powder; then, back again through trade, they went to Japan, along with the French technique of thickening sauces with a roux (fat and flour) – and the katsu curry was born. Chicken Katsu Curry is an absolute favourite – traditionally hailing from Japan, this dish compromises of panko breadcrumb coated chicken in a thick curry sauce and rice.
Please read my disclosure for more info. Chicken Katsu Curry from Gizzi Erskine's Kitchen Magic. Recreate your Wagamamas favourite and make katsu curry at home. You can have Chicken Katsu With Curry Sauce using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Katsu With Curry Sauce
- Prepare of For The Curry Sauce:.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of curry powder.
- You need 1 of large onions, sliced.
- It’s 1 of carrot, cubed.
- You need 1 of large potatoes, cubes.
- You need 1 cup of bean.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ketchup.
- You need 1-2 tablespoon of vegan worcestershire sauce or soy sauce.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- It’s to taste of Salt and papper.
- You need of For the Chicken :.
- You need 3 of serving chicken breasts fillet.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of Pablo breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 3 of eggs, slightly beaten.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Oil to fry.
This Japanese-inspired curry is a decadent treat with its fried, breaded chicken and a smooth curry sauce. How to make Chicken Katsu curry? You can also try making chicken katsu curry as the sauce. Use this recipe to top steamed rice even without the meat.
Chicken Katsu With Curry Sauce instructions
- Season your chicken breast fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper..
- In a plate place your bread crumbs, on a separate plate place the flour and, on another plate, place the beaten eggs. Dip both sides of the chicken breast fillets on to the flour, then on to the beaten egg then on to the bread crumbs..
- Heat enough oil for shallow frying in a pan, once it reached 180C carefully lower the chicken katsu and cook in medium low heat until golden and crispy. This will take around 6-8 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the breast fillets. Remove from pan then set it aside to cool and crisp down..
- In a pot heat oil in medium heat then sauté onions until its soft. Add the carrots and potatoes then continue to sauté for 2 minutes..
- Pour water into the pot, bring it to a boil, Simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add curry powder, flour, and mix well, then turn heat to low, let it simmer for 10 minutes until curry sauce is thick. Turn heat off..
- Cut chicken breast into sections, place in the side of plate and topped with curry sauce. Serve while hot..
To make it, saute onions and garlic in a small amount of oil. Next, stir in the curry powder and flour and cook for a minute or so. Gradually add the chicken stock, stirring continuously until combined. Add the honey and reduce heat to low. Remove from the heat and keep warm.