Veggie Sweet Potato and Bean Curry. Add to the softened onion and fry until fragrant. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for five minutes. How to make this vegetarian curry.
Then add the spices – garlic, ginger, curry powder, ground coriander, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper and cook for a further minute.; Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and coconut milk. Add the coconut milk, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and stock, then bring to the boil over a high heat. Add the garlic, red chilli, cumin and stir for a minute until fragrant. You can cook Veggie Sweet Potato and Bean Curry using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Veggie Sweet Potato and Bean Curry
- It’s 2 of sweet potatoes.
- You need 400 g of butter beans (in water).
- You need 400 g of chickpeas (in water).
- Prepare 400 g of mixed beans (in water).
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- You need 80 g of cashew nuts.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 250 g of passata.
- You need of To serve: (optional).
- You need of Rice.
- Prepare of Naan bread.
- Prepare of Mango chutney.
The main ingredients are cheap, filling potatoes and green beans. The beans can be added fresh or frozen. That depends on whether you want to splash out, or save a few extra dollars by finishing off that half eaten bag that's been. Add the cannellini beans with their liquid, and the tinned tomatoes.
Veggie Sweet Potato and Bean Curry step by step
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into small chunks..
- Smear the coconut oil on the bottom of the slow cooker (or melt in a pan if using the hob)..
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker (yes it really is this easy!).
- Stir to mix..
- Put on slow cooker setting low and leave for 4-6hrs. (If cooking on the hob cook for 1 hour, stirring regularly to prevent it sticking to the pan). Serve with rice, naan bread and mango chutney!.
Stir, adding a splash of water to loosen, if needed. Stir in the sweet potatoes along with most of the coriander leaves. Season to taste and top with the rest of the coriander leaves. Serve over cooked rice with some guacamole on the side, if you like. Finely chop the chilli, then peel and finely grate the ginger.