Mango and coconut curry (vegan). Add the coconut milk, coriander, lime juice, stock cube, chickpeas, carrot, mango, cashew nuts and salt, with enough water to roughly cover. This Chickpea Coconut Mango Curry is fresh and fruity, hearty and satisfying, and super nutritious! You might think it sounds strange to use mango in a curry, but it's honestly what makes this one so delicious, as it adds just the right amount of juicy sweetness.
This mango coconut chickpea curry is flavorful, creamy and vibrant. Perfect for those looking for a mild, sweet curry and only requires simple ingredients. I acknowledge that making curries is a process. You can have Mango and coconut curry (vegan) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mango and coconut curry (vegan)
- It’s 3 of small onions.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare Splash of Garlic oil.
- Prepare 1 spoon of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 spoon of turmeric.
- You need 1 spoon of Garam Massala.
- Prepare 1 spoon of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 spoon of veg billion.
- Prepare 1 of beetroot.
- Prepare 1 of large radish.
- You need Tin of mango.
- It’s Tin of coconut.
- Prepare Tin of chickpeas.
It involves an understanding of complex spices, flavor balance, and time. And there is just so much variety! A final note on this mango curry recipe – it's very easy to make vegan. The main sauce liquid is coconut milk – we add creme fraiche to thicken things up.
Mango and coconut curry (vegan) step by step
- Fry the onions and garlic in the garlic oil until clear.
- Add the spices and fry until the mustard seeds pop and crackle.
- Scoop the onions and spices to the side of the pan. Dice and add the vegetables. Fry until just tender.
- Add the tins of mango, coconut and chickpeas.
- Put the noodles on to boil.
- Once the noodles are ready, serve topped with sesame seeds.
However you can also use a thick creme, basic sour cream or, indeed vegan versions of these creams. They're becoming more and more readily available and work in the dish in much the. Cut up the mango and add into the blender. Give it a squeeze to get the remaining juice out of it. Add the remaining ingredients of the curry paste and blend.