Stir fried brown rice with vecon. This Chinese-style rice dish makes a great side for chicken or duck. To serve, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the lardons and fry for a minute. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
To the same skillet, add frozen vegetables, garlic and ginger powder, and stir-fry. Vegetable Fried Rice: Any stir-fry friendly veggies would be great in fried rice! Just sauté at the same time that you cook the onions, carrots, peas and garlic. You can cook Stir fried brown rice with vecon using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stir fried brown rice with vecon
- You need 1/2 pack of smoked vacon rashes (plantbased bacon).
- You need 1 cup of diced mix red/yellow/green peppers.
- It’s 1 cup of dices onion.
- You need 2 clove of garlic (finely chopped).
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked brown rice.
- Prepare of Blanched broccoli and spinach (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of soysauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegan chilli jam (optional).
- You need 1-2 of dry red chilli.
Fried Brown Rice: For a healthier twist, feel free to use cooked brown rice in this recipe instead of white rice. Use spatula to break up any clumps. Once there is steam coming off the rice and it is completely heated through, add scrambled eggs and cooked bacon. Bacon and brussels sprouts fried rice topped with a runny egg.
Stir fried brown rice with vecon instructions
- Fry your vacon for a few min on each side. Then chopped them up to big chunks..
- Add some cooking oil onto the wok, add garlic then peppers and onions. Stir well..
- Add some brown rice and seasoning with soysauce, salt sugar and chilli jam. Add vacon and spring onions..
- Top with chopped dry red chilli for an extra kick. Can be served with blanched broccoli and spinach or any other prefer vegetable.
We usually have leftover brown jasmine rice (my favorite is from Trader Joe's) and reheating it and eating it plain is just At this point, taste the rice and if it needs seasoned a bit more, stir in the soy sauce. Cook coarse-chopped slab bacon in neutral oil until done; add cooked rice, chopped scallions, minced ginger and garlic; cook until rice begins to brown. Meanwhile, heat the rice following the pack instructions and serve with the stir-fry. Uncooked brown rice can be stored in the cupboard, but is best used within a few months of purchasing. Just sauté the rice in a little olive oil before adding the water, and stir until the rice smells fragrant and you can see a touch of golden color here and there.