Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup. There is nothing like a warm bowl of Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup Recipe for a cold winter's day with carrots, celery, potatoes, and a smoky. Vegan Split Pea Soup – flavorful, hearty soup made quickly and easily in the Instant Pot. Not to mention all the vitamins.
Here are a few tips for making it Jump to Recipe·Print Recipe. This Turkish-inspired Instant Pot split pea soup (or stew) is seriously delicious and filling. Made in a pressure cooker, it's a quick and easy vegan and gluten-free recipe. You can have Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup
- You need 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 of medium onions.
- Prepare 2 cups of baby carrots.
- You need 8 stalks of celery.
- You need 2 of bay leafs.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 lbs of dried green split peas.
- You need 8 cups of water.
Each tasty bowl is plant-based protein rich I must say, it's one of my favorite things to make in the Instant Pot. The Step By Step instructions for making this Vegan Split Pea Soup are included. Split Pea Soup is the perfect hearty winter soup to serve your family as it is so easy-to-mak and so good! My family considered this soup as an all-time comfort food.
Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup step by step
- In true Instant Pot style, chop up all the veggies and put them in the pot along with the rest of the ingredients. With regards to the salt and pepper, how much you add really depends on who you are feeding. I tend to go a little lighter because I like the pronounced pea flavor. My wife likes to go heavy as if there was a piece of ham added. No right or wrong here but just try to target your audience..
- Set the Instant Pot to cook for 30 minutes. Once it is done, let it naturally cool to open the lid. I prefer to leave it on Keep Warm for an hour or so when I have time in order to let the flavors circulate but that is optional..
- After you open the Instant Pot, use a hand blender to purée the soup..
Instructions have also been provided to cook the soup on the stove top, slow cooker or Instant Pot electric pressure cooker. This split pea soup is thick and creamy, with a texture similar to potato soup, but without potatoes. The green peas, onions, and celery are easily broken down by The soup is vegetarian and vegan as shown. You can make this a no-chop recipe by buying mirepoix, which is a. Making instant pot split pea soup is EASY and it is a case of a quick sauté and loading your ingredients into your instant pot pressure cooker.