SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN. Vegan Split Pea Soup – flavorful, hearty soup made quickly and easily in the Instant Pot. Serve it up with smoky tempeh crumbles and a slice of crusty bread. There is nothing I love more than a comforting steaming bowl of soup.
Our vegan tomato soup and vegan tomato basil soup are both tomato soups but are totally different, try both if you're a fan of tomatoes! Obviously there's no ham in here. Instead I seasoned it with a touch of liquid smoke, which is pretty much magic in a Instant Pot Split Pea Soup. You can cook SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN
- Prepare 1 lb of split peas.
- Prepare 6 of large carrots.
- You need 5 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 1 of medium-large leek with dark green top removed and discarded.
- You need 1 of large (not gigantic) onion.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of olive oil Or unsalted butter.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 9-10 cups of water.
Don't have time to let your soup simmer for an hour or more? Make it in the Instant Pot! Many of you were enthusiastic about the lentil soup recipe I posted a few weeks back. I like to finish each bowl with a generous drizzle of golden olive oil, a few flecks of lemon zest, and a dusting of smoked paprika to give the soup some.
SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN instructions
- Small chop or large dice all vegetables..
- In Dutch oven (large pot) heat olive oil or unsalted butter to medium-low.
- Sautee veggies slowly about 12 minutes until cooked down slightly, stirring occasionally..
- Add split peas, water and salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cook 75 minutes. Taste and add more salt if needed..
I love making vegan split pea soup. This is a quick frugal meal. A great cold day hearty meal. This vegetarian split pea soup is made with a touch of liquid smoke in place of the traditional ham. It's a filling, easy plant based meal!