Vegan thai red curry. Check Out Thai Red Curry On eBay. Readily available store-bought Thai red curry paste adds characteristic Thai flavor and, bonus, the Thai Kitchen brand is vegetarian. You can make your own if you're so inclined, though.
There are some key ingredients for this curry: Red Curry Paste – I use Thai Kitchen's Red Curry Paste (aff. link). A lot of red curry pastes contain fish sauce, and this one is vegan for sure, so I would recommend it! Thai Red Curry with vegetables simmered in an INCREDIBLE red curry sauce made with red curry paste, coconut milk, fresh herbs, citrus and spices. You can have Vegan thai red curry using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan thai red curry
- You need 3 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 2 of medium onion, halved and thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of medium bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of medium potato, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of medium diced fire-roasted tomatoes.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of red curry paste (recipe mentioned below).
- You need 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced ginger.
- It’s 1 of small head of cauliflower, cut into florets.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrot, cut into slices.
- It’s 1 cup of cabbage, finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of corn (optional).
- You need 1 of large lime, juiced.
- Prepare as required of Thai basil leaves, for garnish.
- You need 3 cups of cooked rice.
- It’s 1 tsp of each cumin and coriander seeds.
- You need 5 of dry red spur chiles.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of white pepper corns.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh coriander roots.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sliced lemongrass.
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free recipe! Heat canola or coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or saute pan. Tips for making this Vegan Thai Red Curry: After sautéing the onions and carrots, push the vegetables to the perimeter of the skillet. This will give you some room to melt the second portion of coconut oil and to start cooking the curry paste, ginger and garlic directly in the oil before combining them with the onions and carrots.
Vegan thai red curry instructions
- For making red curry paste : Add dried red chillies, 1 onion, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tbsp lemon juice, lemongrass, 1 tsp pepper, coriander roots, coriander and cumin seeds, salt, lemon zest in the food processor and make a smooth paste. Keep it aside to be used later..
- Heat over medium-high heat in a large skillet or saute pan. Add the onion and cook 5-8 minutes or until beginning to soften..
- Add the bell pepper, cabbage and potatoes and cook 2-3 minutes..
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, tomatoes, red curry paste, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil..
- Add the cauliflower florets. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8-10 minutes..
- Add the carrots and corns. Cook another 5 minutes..
- Add 1 tbsp lime juice..
- Garnish with fresh Thai basil leaves.
- Serve with cooked rice..
How to Make Vegan Thai Red Curry. Press the tofu, this will get rid of some of the liquid from the tofu. Line a baking tray with a double layer of kitchen paper. Place the cubed tofu on the paper, cover the tofu with another double layer of kitchen paper then place a baking tray over the tofu. This creamy Vegan Red Thai Coconut curry is full of delicious veggies and covered with a thick, coconut sauce.