Vegan Teriyaki Tofu with Rice. This teriyaki peanut tofu stir-fry is a new recipe I've been keeping in rotation lately. Pair the zippy peanut tofu with some steamed brown rice and whatever veggies you happen to have on hand. To serve, divide Sushi Rice among six large soup bowls.
This crispy teriyaki tofu is better than takeout and easy enough for a weeknight dinner! Crispy tofu nuggets are baked (not fried!) and smothered in Serve with rice and steamed veggies for a knock-your-socks-off vegan meal. My husband and I always seem to find ourselves eating teriyaki tofu. You can cook Vegan Teriyaki Tofu with Rice using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Teriyaki Tofu with Rice
- You need 2 Tbl of coconut oil.
- You need 14 oz of pkg firm tofu.
- Prepare 1/2 of each green and red bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of slivered almonds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare half of bottle teriyaki sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of or so sliced fresh mushrooms (optional).
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut flakes (optional).
While the tofu is in the refrigerator, make your teriyaki sauce, by combining the tamari sauce, water, sake/mirin, sugar, garlic and ginger. Remove the tofu from the oven, place ontop of the noodles and veggies, pouring some of the teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds and spring onions on top as shown on. A delicious homemade teriyaki of orange juice, ginger and soy sauce with sticky rice cakes sets this teriyaki tofu recipe apart. Ordinary Vegan now has a podcast on plant-based nutrition and vegan recipes.
Vegan Teriyaki Tofu with Rice step by step
- Add coconut oil to pan..
- Slice tofu into 1-inch cubes..
- Combine bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, almonds, garlic, tofu, ginger, salt, and coconut flakes, and saute in coconut oil over med-low heat until vegetables are soft..
- Add about 1/2 bottle teriyaki sauce, and simmer for around 10 – 15 min, or until flavors blend..
- Serve with rice and vegetables. We suggest basmati or jasmine rice with Asian medley style vegetables. **Serve over riced cauliflower for low-carb version!.
You can listen here on this website or in iTunes. Join our health and wellness community on. Teriyaki tofu is the ultimate tofu dish made with tofu cut into cubes, dredged in cornstarch, and then fried in a pan for maximum crispiness. For all you tofu novices and tofu lovers alike, I give you this Teriyaki Tofu recipe. It's simple to make, and involves firm tofu—those white blocks that you can find.