Squash and spinach coconut curry – vegan. This vegan butternut squash curry is the perfect weeknight dinner for the winter. It's filling, flavorful, and comes together very quickly. I used curry powder, ground coriander, and red pepper flakes to flavor the dish, and you can find all of them in the spices section at Nugget Markets.
Strong and vibrant flavors of lemongrass, ginger and tamarind really bring this Thai flavored dish to life. Butternut squash curry is one of my favourite Vegetarian curries. When I am craving something warm, healthy, and comforting this is one of my go to dinners! You can cook Squash and spinach coconut curry – vegan using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Squash and spinach coconut curry – vegan
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground star anise.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of Generous pinch of chilli flakes.
- You need 1 stick of lemongrass, bruised.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s 2 cm of pieces ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 can of coconut milk – light.
- Prepare 200 ml of vegetarian or vegan stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of squash, peeled and chopped into 2 cm chunks.
- It’s of Couple of handfuls of spinach.
- It’s of Some coriander leaves to garnish.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
There is something about the creaminess from the coconut cream (or coconut milk) that makes this curry feel decadent yet still simple enough to make on a busy weeknight. Creamy Butternut Squash Curry Over Rice Workweek Lunch. ginger, small yellow onion, lime, salt, olive oil. Cook for a couple of minutes. Drain the chickpeas and add to the sauce.
Squash and spinach coconut curry – vegan instructions
- Preheat the oil in a pan..
- Add the cumin and fennel. Cook for 2-3 mins. Add the other spices and cook for about 1 minute..
- Add the garlic, ginger and onion. And the grated creamed coconut if using. Sauté for 5-10 mins..
- Add the squash. Sauté for about 1 minute. Add the stock and coconut milk. Season. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 25 mins..
- Stir the spinach through so the leaves start to wilt..
- Garnish with some coriander leaves. Serve with brown rice and enjoy 😋.
When the spinach is wilted and the chickpeas are warmed through, add the coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice. Make this chickpea and squash coconut curry for a comforting dinner, then check out our easy spinach, chickpea & potato curry and other vegetarian curry recipes. You don't have to be vegan to enjoy this colourful low-fat, low-calorie squash. Along with that we need shallots, ginger, a little fish sauce, and some sugar. If you follow a vegan/vegetarian diet, feel free to omit the fish sauce.