Fish Amok Cambodian lemongrass curry, paleo- & vegan-friendly. Great recipe for Fish Amok Cambodian lemongrass curry, paleo- & vegan-friendly. Cambodian cooking is less spicy with more delicate tastes than Thai and this curry is no exception. Lemongrass, ginger and turmeric are the backbone of the curry and the recipe can easily be made vegan by.
You can have Fish Amok Cambodian lemongrass curry, paleo- & vegan-friendly using […] Recipe: Appetizing S. Amok is a traditional Khmer (Cambodian) dish usually made with fish, although chicken and beef amok are also popular. The food is traditionally a bit like a curry stew served in a boat made of banana leaves. You can have Fish Amok Cambodian lemongrass curry, paleo- & vegan-friendly using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish Amok Cambodian lemongrass curry, paleo- & vegan-friendly
- You need of Yellow Kroeung Curry Paste.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 4 of lemongrass stalks, rough ends removed.
- It’s 2 of Kafir Lime leaves OR 1/2 teaspoon lime zest and 1 1/2 teaspoon lime juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger or galangel root (or more to taste).
- You need 2 teaspoon of fish sauce (nam pla).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of tamari (or tamari soy sauce).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup (instead of sugar).
- You need 1 of fresh chilli or 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional – to taste).
- It’s of Curry.
- You need 1 (400 g) of tin of coconut milk.
- Prepare 400 g of white fish, such as cod, haddock, pollock or sea bream (tofu/tempeh for the vegan option).
- Prepare 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 150 g of fresh spinach.
- You need 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 handful of fresh coriander or basil.
- Prepare 1 of fresh chilli (optional – for garnish).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
It can be served with our without rice. Browse all of our culinary vacations. Author: Romae Chanice Marquez Recipe Category: Main dish Cuisine: Cambodian Amok trey is the national dish of Cambodia, a fragrant and spicy coconut fish curry that is tenderly steamed in banana leaves. The dish's taste resembles a mild Thai red curry.
Fish Amok Cambodian lemongrass curry, paleo- & vegan-friendly instructions
- Lay out ingredients for curry paste and prepare the food processor.
- Roughly chop onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass and combine in the food processor.
- Add kafir line leaves (or lime house and zest), turmeric, fish sauce, tamarind and maple syrup and blend until the paste is smooth.
- Melt coconut oil in a pan and add red pepper, cut in strips. (If you are making a vegetarian version add baby corn and green beans). Stir fry until vegetables soften but are not completely cooked..
- Transfer the vegetables to a pan. Add coconut milk and curry paste and bring to a simmer..
- Add fish and cook for 5-10 minutes..
- Add spinach and cook for 3-4 minutes until done..
- Serve with chopped coriander and/ fresh chilli as garnish. Enjoy!.
This recipe serves at least four people. Now there is a big movement to restore Cambodian Khmer cuisine to its former glory. Fish Amok is one of the traditional dishes that every family has a different recipe for. Here are a few Fish Amok dishes I enjoyed in Cambodia. You can see they are quite different Fish Amok is a healthy, flavorful dish with a beautiful color.