Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱. Great recipe for Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱. I love spicy curries and this is an absolute favourite. It's spicy, sweet and sour and I served with quick pickled red onion and red chilli, fresh coriander, pomegranate and lots of lemon.
It combines the aromatic spices of the curry powder with the crunch of the veggies and the earthiness of the chickpeas. Bring it all together with vegan mayo or yogurt and serve it as a sandwich, salad, or wrap. Perfect for lunch or any time of day! You can cook Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱 using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱
- It’s 1 of spring of fresh curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 of chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 of small onion – chopped.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of oil.
- It’s 1 of star anise.
- It’s 3 of black cardamon pods.
- Prepare 3 of green cardamon pods.
- Prepare of Sweet potato – cubed.
- You need 1 of flat teaspoon cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of flat teaspoon tumeric.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves – crushed.
- Prepare 1 inch of thumb of ginger – crushed.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Prepare Bunch of coriander.
- You need 3 of green chillis.
- Prepare of Pickled red onion (see recipe).
- Prepare A few of teaspoons of fresh pomegranate seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of amchoor (sour mango powder).
- It’s 1 of sprinkle of sev (if you wish).
- You need of Chopped red chilli (marinated in a little white vinegar).
Chickpea Spinach Curry – quick, easy, gluten-free, nutritious and vegan curry made with minimal spices in a tomato-based sauce. It goes well with rice or any flatbread. Check out our recipe for Vegan Spinach Dal Curry Recipe, or Indian-style spinach and lentils curry. Six months ago, I never would have been able to sell Eric on a vegetarian chickpea curry, let alone a vegan one.
Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱 step by step
- Put a cross on the top of the tomatoes and put in. Bowl covered with boiling water – this will make it easy to remove the skins later. Cube the sweet potatoes and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Cook the chopped onions in a little oil on a medium heat for 2 minutes and then turn to a low heat and put a lid on the pan. You may need to stir occasionally but the onions will turn a soft brown..
- Crush the garlic and prepare the chillis by washing and making a little slit in the side (larger if you like it spicy).
- Add the hard spices to the onions (star anise, cumin seeds, cardamom) and then add the curry leaves. The curry leaves will sizzle a little but don’t let them burn. add the crushed garlic and chilli and stir for a further couple of minutes..
- Add the ground spices, peel the tomatoes and add them to the pan and cook on a low heat. They will break down quickly but you can cop or squash to speed things up..
- When the tomatoes have formed a sauce add the chickpeas and the cooked cubes potatoes..
- Sprinkle with lots of coriander, a good squeeze of lemon, pickled red onion and some fresh pomegranate seeds. Serve with lime, mint and coconut chutney and breads or rice.
Although, when it comes to making Indian-inspired curries, it's often pretty easy to make them vegan. Chickpea Smash with Dill Pickles – Delicious Vegan Sandwich Filling! A vegan Indian curry, made for weeknights. This vegan chickpea curry is actually similar to chana masala, the traditional Indian curried chickpeas. However, it uses the flavors of Indian cuisine to make a fast weeknight dinner.