Butter beans curry with aubergine (vegetarian/vegan/glutenfree). Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Vegetable Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. A thick curry of beans and aubergine.
Clean your plate with that last piece of chapati or pharata.simply scrumptious. #MyCookbook Fry the chopped aubergine in hot oil. In the same oil fry some onions. Add ginger garlic paste and chopped tomatoes and simmer until tomatoes are cooked and reduced. You can have Butter beans curry with aubergine (vegetarian/vegan/glutenfree) using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butter beans curry with aubergine (vegetarian/vegan/glutenfree)
- You need 1 tin of butter beans or dried beans soaked and boiled till soft.
- Prepare of I large aubergine cut into cubed.
- You need 1 of medium size onion, cut in thick slices.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s leaves of Few fresh curry.
- Prepare 2 TBs of curry powder.
- You need Pinch of fenugreek seeds or 'panch puran".
- You need 1 of small fresh tomato cut into cubed.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Water to make the gravy.
- Prepare of Fresh coriander chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin (optional).
- You need 2 Tbs of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
Mix the curry powder in few tbsps of water and add to the tomatoes. Cook until oil is bubbling on top of the curry paste. Add the butter beans and stir Hunks of aubergine melt into a rich curry, brimming with soft beans, seasonal star of the moment, Kalettes® , and a pinch of Bombay spice. Fill your kettle and boil it.
Butter beans curry with aubergine (vegetarian/vegan/glutenfree) instructions
- Open the tin of beans and drain the water..set aside..
- Place a large pan on medium heat. Add oil followed by the onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic, curry leaves cumin if using. Followed by the curry powder. Cook for 1 minute..
- Season with salt. Add aubergine, tomato. Stir gently so the aubergine coats the cooked spices..
- Add water, cover and leave to simmer..
- After about 10 minutes the aubergine will soften. Take care when stirring so you don't mash the aubergine..
- Add the drained butter beans. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary..
- Cover leave to simmer for another 10 minutes until all come together. Leaving you with a rich thick curry sauce and all the vegetables nicely cooked..
- Turn heat off, sprinkle with fresh coriander and garam masala..
- Serve warm with accompanied of your choice..
Prepare your veggies (wash and chop the onion, pepper and aubergine) and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a pot on a medium heat. Butter Bean and Aubergine Bake is hearty and warming – not quite a casserole or stew as it can be sliced for serving. This gluten-free, vegan recipe has three fairly straightforward steps: vegetables, tomato mixture, white sauce. Once it is in the oven you can move on to other things while it cooks.