16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style. Check Out Thai Green Curry On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! I love green curry; so fragrant yet rich with coconut milk and warming spices and it's one of my comfort dishes on a cold, wintry evening.
I started with some vegan thai green curry paste to keep it easy, natural and vegan. It's a deliciously mild curry paste, so I added a heat option in the recipe. I was feeling really inspired and wanted this to be a really filling curry, so went for all the delicious veggies in this one. You can cook 16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style
- Prepare of For the paste.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 1 of thumb sized turmeric root.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of shrimp paste (leave out if vegan).
- Prepare 2 of Thai green chillies (or more if you like it hot).
- It’s 2 inch (5 cm) of piece of galangal or ginger.
- It’s 2 sticks of lemongrass, outer tough leaves removed.
- You need 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 4 of spring onions.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- It’s 1 of onion peeled and chopped.
- You need 4 tbsps of coconut milk from a 14oz (400ml) can.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of oil – cold-pressed rapeseed with lemongrass, ginger and chilli.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed.
- You need 1/2 of aubergine, cubed.
- It’s of remainder of the can of coconut milk.
- You need 4 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 40 g of cashew nuts.
- You need 1/2 (1 bunch) of coriander.
- Prepare of juice of 1/2 lime.
- It’s of To serve.
- It’s of Jasmine rice.
Vegan Thai red curry is a delicious recipe with the most refreshing and soothing flavors that are required in a comfort food recipe. A must try recipe for every foodie. Generally, our comfort food is something which we grew up eating – something which was cooked for us by our parents or grandparents and reminds us of their soothing affection. This quick & easy recipe is oil-free and perfect for a busy weeknight.
16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style instructions
- Roughly chop all the ingredients for the paste and place in a pestle and mortar and bash away. Add 4 tablespoons of the coconut milk and continue to grind until you have a paste. If pounding isn't your thing, place in a food processor and blend..
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large pan and saute the onions for 3-4 minutes until soft..
- Add the sweet potato and aubergine chunks and cook for a further 5 minutes until they start to soften..
- Add the paste and continue to cook for 5 minutes..
- Add the lime leaves and the coconut milk and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are soft..
- Roughly chop the cashew nuts and coriander and add to the sauce with a squeeze of lime..
- Serve with jasmine rice..
This Green Thai Curry is a great dish to rustle out on weeknights – so much better than a takeout! Make it from a store bought curry paste or with homemade paste, either-ways your green curry is going to be fabulous with steamed rice. THAI GREEN CURRY RECIPE This vegan Thai green curry is rich and creamy and packed with fresh veggies. It's simple enough for weeknight dinners and just as good as a restaurant! We once took a holiday where the only vegan thing available to eat was vegan Thai green curry.