Kumror Chakka Vegan pumpkin curry with black chickpeas. How to make Kumror Chokka Recipe – Kaddu Kala Chana Sabzi To begin making the Kumror Chokka Recipe, prep all the ingredients and keep ready. Cook the soaked kala chana/ chickpeas in the pressure cooker along with a little salt and water.
I have seen people using hing/asafoetida also for tempering. For us, it happens whenever the kumror chokka (Bengali sweet pumpkin curry) with porotas is on the menu. This sweet pumpkin and potatoes stir fry is very simply flavoured yet so soulful. You can cook Kumror Chakka Vegan pumpkin curry with black chickpeas using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kumror Chakka Vegan pumpkin curry with black chickpeas
- Prepare 500 gm of pumpkin peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes peeled and cubed.
- It’s 1 cup of kala chana/ whole Bengal gram.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ginger paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of panch foron.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder(optional).
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 of whole red chilies.
- Prepare 2 of green chilies.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoon of mustard oil/cooking oil.
While the masalas that go in this one are your regulars, what makes the difference is the kalo chana or black chickpeas. Kumror Chakka is a Bengali style dry curry with potato, pumpkin and black chickpeas. A little sweet this pumpkin dish is purely vegetarian and a perfect breakfast accompaniment with some roti / paratha. Kumror Chokka – a Bengali vegetarian dish made with sweet pumpkin, potatoes and black chickpeas is absolutely delicious!
Kumror Chakka Vegan pumpkin curry with black chickpeas instructions
- This is how you should chop the potatoes and pumpkins.
- Soak the kala chana for 4-6 hours. Pressure cook the kala chana with 1 teaspoon of salt. I prefer to not discard the water as it contains lot of iron. Now, keep the kala chana aside..
- In a kadai, add oil. Once the oil is hot temper it with panch foron, bay leaves and whole red chilies..
- Now, add the potatoes and saute them. Then add the pumpkin, turmeric powder, green chilies, red chilli powder and ginger paste and saute everything together. Add water and cook the vegetable covered..
- Add the boiled kala chana, sugar just before the veggies are completely cooked. Add ghee and mix properly and turn off the flame..
This Bengali pumpkin curry is a vegetarian side dish that pairs well with Luchis or Rotis. Kumror Chokka Bengali Kumror Chokka Recipe: Kumror Chakka is a dry pumpkin curry traditionally made in Bengali households. Alu Kumro Chechki is a simple dry preparation made with sweet pumpkin and potatoes with a dash of spices. This Bengali pumpkin curry can be served as a side dish with Rice or Indian bread. To make this kumro tarkari, wash, peel and cut the pumpkin and potatoes into thin slices.